Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Video of crashes of Bostanci, Kajto and Magalhaes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohv6WD93L1g
    Why is the co-driver on the wrong side of the road? I have always assumed that was one of the more common sense parts of co-driving, if possible, stand on the side of the road your car is off at, along with putting your triangle there, so the following cars know your car is on that side, and then wave people down, warn them to keep right, especially after 2 cars have fallen off, you know more may follow, so warn people. I hope whoever that is, he isn't a professional co-driver, as that seems a rather fundamental error.

As for people complaining about road conditions, well isn't that part of why rallying is better than every other motorsport? Because the road conditions change and it's man vs the environment, the whole thing is a challenge to get through and survive the conditions, while driving as a fast as possible...

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    But I must say that I am not against this rough rallies. Because it is something different. And I think that rally should be about "compromises" - to be fast on all surfaces.
    Agree, but maybe two events of this nature on an eight event calendar is too many?

The entry on Acropolis and Cyprus compared to other events was also worse because the JERC crews were not there (although I think that was the correct decision)

3. Likes: Jarek Z (20th June 2017)
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Why is the co-driver on the wrong side of the road? I have always assumed that was one of the more common sense parts of co-driving, if possible, stand on the side of the road your car is off at, along with putting your triangle there, so the following cars know your car is on that side, and then wave people down, warn them to keep right, especially after 2 cars have fallen off, you know more may follow, so warn people. I hope whoever that is, he isn't a professional co-driver, as that seems a rather fundamental error.
    It was very difficult place. Cliff was really deep, crews had problems to climb up. Jarek was climbing few minutes, first car which he catched on the road was Bostanci, starting 6 cars behind (with 3-mins gaps). Also, he cannot stand on left side as there was cliff so it was very dangerous to stay there.

5. Likes: Jarek Z (20th June 2017)
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hari View Post
    Better change into "I dont want to watch those rallies"

Rally Cyprus is one of the most sceneric events and also one of the most spectacular to watch. Be shocked, but I would prefer it to ANY other ERC round this year without a doubt from a spectator point of view.

Back from a great Goldenstage and hopefully next year we have again a Rally Cyprus in June.
    I see that you were on the mickey-mouse part of SS 14. In that time I was waiting for crews in remote service after (to say the truth, in time of first cars on the road I was in the sea watching on horizont dust from rally cars). But I was on that place during recce and crews had big problems to find what is the correct way

7. Likes: aykutbilir (19th June 2017)
    Liked 1,031 Times in 298 Posts
    I see that you were on the mickey-mouse part of SS 14. In that time I was waiting for crews in remote service after (to say the truth, in time of first cars on the road I was in the sea watching on horizont dust from rally cars). But I was on that place during recce and crews had big problems to find what is the correct way
    I was walking the stage some days prior and had no problem finding the right way, so they should find it with a roadbook

The mickey mouse part was more at the beginning. I was close to the sea caves.

10. Likes: Jarek Z (20th June 2017)
    Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    I just realized that Edith Weiss took part in the rally (and even finished...). Does anybody know how thatīs possible? Didnīt the FIA take away her license? And why there are any codrivers and teams who are still working with her ?

12. Likes: WRC1 (20th June 2017)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    I just realized that Edith Weiss took part in the rally (and even finished...). Does anybody know how thatīs possible? Didnīt the FIA take away her license? And why there are any codrivers and teams who are still working with her ?
    What did she did to lose licence?

14. Likes: dimviii (20th June 2017),dupanton (20th June 2017),Mirek (20th June 2017)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Lotos Rally Team has published their summary video from Cyprus Rally. In this video you can see that the slope where Kajto, Magalhaes and Bostanci crashed, was actually quite high. I didn't notice that previously. It looks quite dangerous. You can also see that Magalhaes rolled over Bostanci's car.

Turn on English subtitles and enjoy the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhupa_XOSU
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    What did she did to lose licence?
    Iīm a little bit surprised that no one knew as it has been a rather big story during Rally Portugal, but Iīm happy to tell you at least the most important part about these crazy incidents . She arrived one day late, didnīt book any hotel or recce car (it was her task according to the co-driver), didnīt pay for the rented Peugeot 208 R2 (her co-driver had to advance money, because Weiss wasnīt able to pay) and skipped the Shakedown to drink beer in a restaurant instead. Thatīs annoying, but probably no reason to take away the license. BUT: At the start of SS1 she climbed out of the car, didnīt listen to any instructions and started to drink alcohol again. She went away without caring about the car and her co-driver. After one hour of waiting, her co-driver handed the start cart to the official, but Weiss never appeared again during the whole rally. Well, ok, obviously thatīs no reason to lose your license (at least if she didnīt drive being drunk), but Iīm more surprised that there are any co-drivers and teams who are still working with her. And if you ask yourself if this story is true, yes it is, it was confirmed by the team and the marshalls...

17. Likes: Andre Oliveira (21st June 2017),b3637853 (21st June 2017),dimviii (21st June 2017),eddy707 (25th June 2017),electroliquid (21st June 2017),Jarek Z (21st June 2017),Jeppe (4th July 2017),Mirek (21st June 2017),pantealex (22nd June 2017),Sulland (23rd June 2017),Teme (23rd June 2017),the sniper (23rd June 2017),TWRC (22nd June 2017)