Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Because the promoter of the championship did a shitty job and in case od Cyprus also because od the island location and bad date.

It helps nothing to address wrong reasons. R5 are way more durable than gr.N which were main cars in ERC until 2007 and they are not less durable than wrc around 2000 when they were allowed in ERC. Same can be said about 2wd. It wasn't any better in the past.
    That's the big reason why Ypres left, we are maybe missing out on some fast R2's and the JERC28 is quite good but you can't say it was a bad move from Penasse because I'm pretty sure they didn't have to pay TER or MSA 100K+ EUR to be part of it. Big question will be though will TER get bigger and will the BRC maintain a strong championship with so much nice entries over the whole season?

But anyways championship stays 'exciting' because Kajto and Bruno crashed in same corner

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Video of crashes of Bostanci, Kajto and Magalhaes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohv6WD93L1g

3. Likes: aykutbilir (18th June 2017),dimviii (18th June 2017),leighton323 (18th June 2017),Mirek (17th June 2017),the sniper (18th June 2017)
    Liked 39 Times in 18 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohv6WD93L1g
    Onboards from the Kajetanowicz/Magalhaes/Bostanci corner.
    Properly scary

These events are not too rough ať all. That is pure nonsense. The problem Is terribly week entry lists. That's all.
    Acropolis was very rough, like always. Cyprus is mixture of rough gravel and sandy parts. On one stage you can find lot of types of gravel, I was really surprised. And it is really rough, especially second loops.

Entries on Acropolis and Cyprus were always weak, also when it was in WRC. Biggest problem for this events is that cars are damaged after the races and needs rebuilds. It is really big difference to do lets say Acropolis or Liepaja from this perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    That's the big reason why Ypres left, we are maybe missing out on some fast R2's and the JERC28 is quite good but you can't say it was a bad move from Penasse because I'm pretty sure they didn't have to pay TER or MSA 100K+ EUR to be part of it. Big question will be though will TER get bigger and will the BRC maintain a strong championship with so much nice entries over the whole season?

But anyways championship stays 'exciting' because Kajto and Bruno crashed in same corner
    I think that this topic should be talken in different thread. Ypres left ERC for some reason, mainly because Alain and Eurosport were not able to find agreement. But as always, nothing is black and white. Ypres had always strong entry and will have strong entry in the future, I am sure. But especially this year, if Ypres should be part of ERC instead of BRC, I am sure that we can watch better entry list than is now for this year...

Quite strange question when most of them crashed. Don't You think?
    Ok, Bruno, Kajto and Murat crashed on one spot, ok. But other retirements or issues were not because of crash, but usually because of rough surface or another troubles (punctures, gearboxes, damaged dampers, steering racks etc). First loop was ok, second loop with more stones on the road and also more sand in some places brought a lot of troubles to the most of competitors.

8. Likes: Rallyper (18th June 2017)
    Acropolis and Cyprus always were events, where is not so important to be fastest, but the most important was to reach the finish. And it is same also now.

But there is question if drivers are not able to "slow a little bit down" to not destroy the car or if the cars are not so good for this type of surface.

I think that problem should be not enough experience of other drivers to drive in this conditions. It is easy to understand why Nasser is leading - he has lot of experience and he knows how to drive the car in this conditions. How to play with throttle and brakes to have a car in correct line - to be fast and not to damage the car. But we will see tomorrow, everything can happen.

10. Likes: GF (18th June 2017)
    Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    problem the fiaerc.com
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Pluto,hari said< Lots of them are setup visible lower than Nassers car - hitting ruts etc.>do you have any info,if this is reality.i don't question hari but i know that pluto may have some extra info from inside.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    Pluto,hari said< Lots of them are setup visible lower than Nassers car - hitting ruts etc.>do you have any info,if this is reality.i don't question hari but i know that pluto may have some extra info from inside.
    That is the question. Like I wrote, Nasser has really big experience with this type of stages and type of gravel. Roads are really changing, sometimes it is very hard gravel, almost like tarmac, then you are in sandy part, where you are happy, that you are able to go through, other part is very bumpy, where car receives lot of hits to the sumpguard and other things. And, of course, sand and dust is absolutely everywhere...