Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Liked 350 Times in 209 Posts
    Congrats to Al-Attiyah.
    By the way-when was last time that somebody won rally with more than six minutes??

Liked 184 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Video of crashes of Bostanci, Kajto and Magalhaes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohv6WD93L1g
    Why is the co-driver on the wrong side of the road? I have always assumed that was one of the more common sense parts of co-driving, if possible, stand on the side of the road your car is off at, along with putting your triangle there, so the following cars know your car is on that side, and then wave people down, warn them to keep right, especially after 2 cars have fallen off, you know more may follow, so warn people. I hope whoever that is, he isn't a professional co-driver, as that seems a rather fundamental error.

As for people complaining about road conditions, well isn't that part of why rallying is better than every other motorsport? Because the road conditions change and it's man vs the environment, the whole thing is a challenge to get through and survive the conditions, while driving as a fast as possible...

Liked 852 Times in 474 Posts
    But I must say that I am not against this rough rallies. Because it is something different. And I think that rally should be about "compromises" - to be fast on all surfaces.
    Agree, but maybe two events of this nature on an eight event calendar is too many?

The entry on Acropolis and Cyprus compared to other events was also worse because the JERC crews were not there (although I think that was the correct decision)

4. Likes: Jarek Z (20th June 2017)
    Liked 1,232 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Why is the co-driver on the wrong side of the road? I have always assumed that was one of the more common sense parts of co-driving, if possible, stand on the side of the road your car is off at, along with putting your triangle there, so the following cars know your car is on that side, and then wave people down, warn them to keep right, especially after 2 cars have fallen off, you know more may follow, so warn people. I hope whoever that is, he isn't a professional co-driver, as that seems a rather fundamental error.
    It was very difficult place. Cliff was really deep, crews had problems to climb up. Jarek was climbing few minutes, first car which he catched on the road was Bostanci, starting 6 cars behind (with 3-mins gaps). Also, he cannot stand on left side as there was cliff so it was very dangerous to stay there.

6. Likes: Jarek Z (20th June 2017)
    Liked 1,232 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hari View Post
    Better change into "I dont want to watch those rallies"

Rally Cyprus is one of the most sceneric events and also one of the most spectacular to watch. Be shocked, but I would prefer it to ANY other ERC round this year without a doubt from a spectator point of view.

Back from a great Goldenstage and hopefully next year we have again a Rally Cyprus in June.
    I see that you were on the mickey-mouse part of SS 14. In that time I was waiting for crews in remote service after (to say the truth, in time of first cars on the road I was in the sea watching on horizont dust from rally cars). But I was on that place during recce and crews had big problems to find what is the correct way

8. Likes: aykutbilir (19th June 2017)
    Liked 381 Times in 141 Posts
    I see that you were on the mickey-mouse part of SS 14. In that time I was waiting for crews in remote service after (to say the truth, in time of first cars on the road I was in the sea watching on horizont dust from rally cars). But I was on that place during recce and crews had big problems to find what is the correct way
    I was walking the stage some days prior and had no problem finding the right way, so they should find it with a roadbook

The mickey mouse part was more at the beginning. I was close to the sea caves.

11. Likes: Jarek Z (20th June 2017)
    Liked 136 Times in 66 Posts
    I just realized that Edith Weiss took part in the rally (and even finished...). Does anybody know how thatīs possible? Didnīt the FIA take away her license? And why there are any codrivers and teams who are still working with her ?

13. Likes: WRC1 (20th June 2017)
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    I just realized that Edith Weiss took part in the rally (and even finished...). Does anybody know how thatīs possible? Didnīt the FIA take away her license? And why there are any codrivers and teams who are still working with her ?
    What did she did to lose licence?

15. Likes: dimviii (20th June 2017),dupanton (20th June 2017),Mirek (20th June 2017)
    Liked 1,054 Times in 570 Posts
    Lotos Rally Team has published their summary video from Cyprus Rally. In this video you can see that the slope where Kajto, Magalhaes and Bostanci crashed, was actually quite high. I didn't notice that previously. It looks quite dangerous. You can also see that Magalhaes rolled over Bostanci's car.

Turn on English subtitles and enjoy the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhupa_XOSU
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!