Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    And as I told - one thing is good setup, but another issue is to know how to use it. In this conditions it is really not easy.

But I must say that I am not against this rough rallies. Because it is something different. And I think that rally should be about "compromises" - to be fast on all surfaces. And like tarmac on Sanremo is not same like bumpy tarmac on Barum, same it is with fast gravel in Finland and rough gravel in Acropolis or here in Cyprus. I like the variability.

2. Likes: dimviii (18th June 2017),Jarek Z (18th June 2017),leighton323 (18th June 2017)
    Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I think that this topic should be talken in different thread. Ypres left ERC for some reason, mainly because Alain and Eurosport were not able to find agreement. But as always, nothing is black and white. Ypres had always strong entry and will have strong entry in the future, I am sure. But especially this year, if Ypres should be part of ERC instead of BRC, I am sure that we can watch better entry list than is now for this year...
    Totally agree about it that it's quite offtopic that's why I put in the last sentence to not have it be totally offtopic .

Cyprus wasn't always boring or not so exciting in the good years of IRC it was like all the other events quite nice, there were some good entries then bigger level than now aswell (absence of Luky is not good either for this year ERC but we can only hope he recovers well). And the Golden Stage was then also a very nice feature on the sunday! So it wasn't always like that

Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    Cyprus wasn't always boring or not so exciting in the good years of IRC it was like all the other events quite nice, there were some good entries then bigger level than now aswell (absence of Luky is not good either for this year ERC but we can only hope he recovers well). And the Golden Stage was then also a very nice feature on the sunday! So it wasn't always like that
    But this was in golden era of IRC. In the age when this championship was really strong, with lot of manufacturers. And despite it the entry lists to the event like Cyprus were quite poor, especially comparing to events like Barum or Ypres.

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    I think that problem should be not enough experience of other drivers to drive in this conditions. It is easy to understand why Nasser is leading - he has lot of experience and he knows how to drive the car in this conditions.
    You suggest that Nasser Al Attiyah has so much experience, that he knows how to drive in such conditions. But in Acropolis he was a victim of the same conditions and didn't finish the rally, just like anybody else. His experience didn't help. Are such rallies really not too rough for R5 cars?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

6. Likes: Rallyper (18th June 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    You suggest that Nasser Al Attiyah has so much experience, that he knows how to drive in such conditions. But in Acropolis he was a victim of the same conditions and didn't finish the rally, just like anybody else. His experience didn't help. Are such rallies really not too rough for R5 cars?
    I have did some stages in Acropolis and also on Cyprus and I must say that both events ARE really different. But the last question is good one. We will see, I will try to speak with some drivers tomorrow about their opinion.

8. Likes: Jarek Z (18th June 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Here's what happened to Gryazin:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0G5iqgLKk
    This looks underivable, and terribly similar to Sardegna's power stage last week. Are R5 cars really that weak?!?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

10. Likes: Rallyper (18th June 2017)
    But the last question is good one. We will see, I will try to speak with some drivers tomorrow about their opinion.
    Great idea! Try to ask the drivers if you have a chance. It will be interesting to know what they think! Don't forget to publish the answers

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    This looks underivable, and terribly similar to Sardegna's power stage last week. Are R5 cars really that weak?!?
    And what's the situation in Le Mans? I heard a rally driver is leading?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    And what's the situation in Le Mans? I heard a rally driver is leading?
    I don't know who he is, but Toyota are failing miserably.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I don't know who he is, but Toyota are failing miserably.
    I meant Stephane Sarrazin, I heard his team was leading the race after 3 hours.