Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Yeah, by name. But more like Paris-Dakar, like Pluto says. To me it doesn´t belong to ERC or WRC.
    I dont agree. Rallysport should be about variability, to be able to be fast on all types of surfaces. I dont like that WRC is so much about gravel, mostly about fast gravel. More variability is missing for me...

2. Likes: AndyRAC (18th June 2017),WRC1 (18th June 2017)
    Regarding the accident yesterday, I was talking to Murat and he told that his reason was same like Bruno - he lost concentration when he saw Jarek.

4. Likes: Jarek Z (18th June 2017)
    Everybody is talking, that this rally is really rough and difficult, but it is real fun to drive in this conditions.

6. Likes: WRC1 (18th June 2017)
    Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    There is nothing that special about such sandy surface. Rallies in middle east, in Africa or South America have often similar conditions and it's totally normal to run rallies there.
    And that is why nobody wants to watch those rallies and (nearly) nobody wants to compete in them, isn't it?
    Who finds rally cars diving in the sand exciting?
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 18th June 2017 at 13:57.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

8. Likes: Rallyper (19th June 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    And that is why nobody wants to watch those rallies and (nearly) nobody wants to compete in them, isn't it?
    The main problem is weak local scene. ERC is a championship of which the whole quality depend strongly on local entries. That's why choosing locations which are very logistically difficult and need special preparation is wrong. WRC can afford that, ERC not. The crews naturally skip what suits them the least. Distant event for which they need different car is of course less attractive but in the past we saw that Cyprus can be a good event. The stages are not bad at all but putting it in todays ERC which is already full of distant events was simply a mistake from the promoter.

Moreover the promoter shall look at the the origin of ERC competitors and support the countries from which the locals want to take part in it. When had ERC/IRC any regular competitor from Greece or Cyprus? Then why to go there if the local scene is not interested and moreover is prety weak itself? Why not to prefer traditional rally countries where the sport has a massive public support and from where the drivers often abroad?

Again we can take Barum. I would say that for most of the foreigners it's not less specific event than Cyprus and the attrition is very high as well. But it's among the most popular rallies on European scene because it has good location and is supported by strong local rally scene including one manufacturer.
    Last edited by Mirek; 18th June 2017 at 14:08.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: aykutbilir (18th June 2017),Rally Power (18th June 2017),TWRC (18th June 2017),WRC1 (18th June 2017),WUff1 (18th June 2017)
    Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Everybody is talking, that this rally is really rough and difficult, but it is real fun to drive in this conditions.
    So you think Gryazin finds it funny? He didn't look very happy in the video.
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 18th June 2017 at 14:23.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    So you think Gryazin finds it funny? He didn't look very happy in the video.
    He would not look any happier if five minutes a go he retired from Rally Estonia.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: TWRC (18th June 2017),WRC1 (18th June 2017)
    Liked 87 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    That looked inches away from a tragedy. Was it one of the Turkish jumping out of the way as Bruno came rolling past?
    Yes the codriver.

As i can see Bruno rolled on Murat's car.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

Liked 1,023 Times in 293 Posts
    And that is why nobody wants to watch those rallies ....
    Better change into "I dont want to watch those rallies"

Rally Cyprus is one of the most sceneric events and also one of the most spectacular to watch. Be shocked, but I would prefer it to ANY other ERC round this year without a doubt from a spectator point of view.

Back from a great Goldenstage and hopefully next year we have again a Rally Cyprus in June.

16. Likes: dimviii (18th June 2017),makinen_fan (24th June 2017),Mirek (18th June 2017),TWRC (18th June 2017),WRC1 (18th June 2017)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Congrats to Al-Attiyah.
    By the way-when was last time that somebody won rally with more than six minutes??