Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    Good idea about making this thread! I like this type of content even if it's sometimes just speculation. The discussion itself is enjoyable if it's good quality. And now we can discuss on the forum the discussions from the podcast without getting lost in the news and rumors thread or whatever

Gonna listen to the latest one later today.

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Absolute Rally podcast for those that havent heard it before:

https://www.podbean.com/media/player...a283c-pb?vjs=1

Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
    I quite like both to be fair, ok my company puts some backing into Absolute but likewise I work with Colin and indeed his input into our yearly pre Rally GB forum is immense.

They're very different things,one thing you will find and it's something we pride the forum on is that the people in the sport are very human away from those 5 second snippets on TV and Radio, Jost is great and Seb Ogier is tremendous fun.

Liked 172 Times in 75 Posts
    I assumed George Donaldson would know what he was on about until he said something along the lines, "2 years ago, the only driver who could challenge Ogier, in Ogier's eyes, was Mads Ostberg". Hmmm. Does anyone have a quote from Ogier saying this?

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    I assumed George Donaldson would know what he was on about until he said something along the lines, "2 years ago, the only driver who could challenge Ogier, in Ogier's eyes, was Mads Ostberg". Hmmm. Does anyone have a quote from Ogier saying this?
    I remember something like that, but no way that was 2 years ago. More like back in 2013.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    So, still no new episode? I thought the eventful Rally Argentina could have easily created an episode worth of talking, but now we're almost at Portugal and nothing?

7. Likes: er88 (10th May 2017),steve.mandzij (9th May 2017)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts

Colin Clark Kitchen Table

Thank god
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    Autosport podcast rally special with Edd Straw, David Evans, Colin Clark and Jost Capito: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...17-so-dramatic - audio only. Has a few interesting things in it.

10. Likes: AnttiL (15th May 2017)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Autosport podcast rally special with Edd Straw, David Evans, Colin Clark and Jost Capito: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...17-so-dramatic - audio only. Has a few interesting things in it.
    Good listen... especially Capito.

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    What was he saying about their podcast?
    Some of the bad blood dates back to an interview with Dani Sordo on the then named 'Total Rally' podcast. It was cringe. But part of the problem at the time was a Skype delay/quality and a question from Guy Wilks, which made things all the more confusing and perhaps exaggerated the tension.

Anyway, the upshot is there are now two podcasts for rally fans to listen to. Colin's is very much WRC focussed, Absolute Rally also encompasses British, Asian and American series too. Competition is great, but also the rally word is too small for falling out. I'll listen to both. For now there's work to be done to iron out KTS and find a natural rhythm.