Page 275 of 281 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Surely the writing is on the wall for the rally program now?
    I think their program now depends on winning at least Drivers title this year, if not both (it's about time after 10 years), and FIA being clear what is the future of top WRC car category. I surely think that if they really implement Rally2 as top category, they could pull out of championship. Their car is not capable of fighting in front beside Skoda, Citroen and now Toyota. Last article from DirtFish does reveal quite ''too much information'' about whole thing. So I would rather see them winning both championship this year, so the bosses will be at least pleased and maybe stay a little bit longer.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Surely the writing is on the wall for the rally program now?
    Can't see Hyundai HQ approve backing any i20 N into a new phase, it is now a historic vehicle for all intents and purposes. What becomes of Hyundai Motorsport is another question, can it still operate independently, and how? The Rally2 car being capable of fighting with others is more a commercial question than a manufacturer team success one.

Maybe HQ back development in one of the experimental groups...
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Production of petrol-powered Hyundai N hot hatches has come to an end in Europe, with electric N models picking up the baton..

https://www.evo.co.uk/hyundai/206546...and-i20-n-axed
    in the previous months there were i30's mules for an updated version based on the last one (a bigger restyling)
    i20 is still on sale the facelift version but without the N variant

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Well.... Ford is also not producing Fiestas anymore, right? Msport is still selling Fiestas, for example.....

5. Likes: EstWRC (24th February 2024)
    Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Well.... Ford is also not producing Fiestas anymore, right? Msport is still selling Fiestas, for example.....
    they bought a lot of chassis before end of production
    there was a picture with the warehouse full stocked

Fiesta Rally2 has two more WRC2 seasons in it. Ford don't fully back even a Rally1 entry. What's the silver lining comparison?

8. Likes: becher (24th February 2024)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    M-Sport are producing Fiestas because they don't have a better option to continue their existence. And Ford have the Puma for Rally1.

Would Hyundai feel a need to preserve their Motorsport department in its current form?

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    When Hyundai said they were already planning the development of the 2025 car but were "waiting on the new rules", could that mean if they keep Rally1 cars they are heading into something new like Kona? Cuz it would be a similar move as the Puma.
    A.... "suvISH" body that in WRC would not look like an SUV like in Extreme-E or NitroCross.... u'know

There's at least a Puma ST. Kona N was canned instantly. No point having a performance car line up not doing motorsport, and doing motorsport with standard models.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    There's at least a Puma ST. Kona N was canned instantly. No point having a performance car line up not doing motorsport, and doing motorsport with standard models.
    I think just last week or the week before the updated Puma is no longer being sold with the ST variant…
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig