Page 258 of 281 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Hyundai is now more Finnish team than Toyota

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Suninen is a good choice for these two rallies coming right now. Mikkelsen would be better if longer/bigger commitment was planned. Guess they will try Suninen and see how it goes. (And see what Sordo does).

Lindholm is the suprising choice here. Specially since I though Skoda was supporting him more this year as a champion and he was one of the development drivers for the new car. Instead we have reigning WRC2 champ switching mid season. Furthermore Lindholm is anything but convincing this year. As a younger prospect Pajari would be much better choice. But it might be that Solberg or Pajari simply didn't want to jump to Hyundai mid-season.

Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
    Leaves room at Skoda for Mikkelson to complete the rest of the year with Tocksport with funding from Skoda ?

4. Likes: becher (16th June 2023)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Suninen is a good choice for these two rallies coming right now. Mikkelsen would be better if longer/bigger commitment was planned. Guess they will try Suninen and see how it goes. (And see what Sordo does).

Lindholm is the suprising choice here. Specially since I though Skoda was supporting him more this year as a champion and he was one of the development drivers for the new car. Instead we have reigning WRC2 champ switching mid season. Furthermore Lindholm is anything but convincing this year. As a younger prospect Pajari would be much better choice. But it might be that Solberg or Pajari simply didn't want to jump to Hyundai mid-season.
    It's all abour Reeta delivering pace-notes

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    It took Hyundai almost 10 full seasons in the WRC to realize the eternal truth of rallying; if you want to win, hire a Finn.

On a bit more serious note, what a make or break for Suninen this is. The potential and talent is unquestioned, but can it be materialized just like that after having been out of a top class car (in competition) for 19 months? In a way it feels like it's 2023, not 1994 when Tommi Mäkinen dominated the 1000 Lakes in his first 4WD start of the season in WRC. But if Suninen can keep it together it wouldn't be that big of a surprise if it ends up being 1994 all over again.
    Last edited by Allez Andruet; 16th June 2023 at 19:22.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

7. Likes: becher (16th June 2023)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Right decision in my opinion, and also more interesting one for fans than Mikkelsen.

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Well, as already evoked, Suninen is the most logical for that type of 1st stint Estonia-Finland (and potentially further depending on his results there).
    However, I would have found more logical to give him a rally before Estonia because starting in Estonia with no official rally in the car... well sounds complicated on that type of road.
    And no rally in Finnish or Estonian championship to occur before this rally now.

For Lindholm, well, difficult to say but his start of season was average ... indeed, maybe Skoda lets him go because they want Mikkelsen back.

Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    Well, as already evoked, Suninen is the most logical for that type of 1st stint Estonia-Finland (and potentially further depending on his results there).
    However, I would have found more logical to give him a rally before Estonia because starting in Estonia with no official rally in the car... well sounds complicated on that type of road.
    And no rally in Finnish or Estonian championship to occur before this rally now.

For Lindholm, well, difficult to say but his start of season was average ... indeed, maybe Skoda lets him go because they want Mikkelsen back.
    On 8th of July, one day rally of South-Estonia is going to be held to give drivers an opportunity to test before Rally Estonia. Rally1 cars expected to participate.
    https://ralli.ee/forus-louna-eesti-r...aid-rallimehi/

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    Right decision in my opinion, and also more interesting one for fans than Mikkelsen.
    The crowds were going wild when Suninen drove the i20 for the one-off in Monza at the end of 2021

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The crowds were going wild when Suninen drove the i20 for the one-off in Monza at the end of 2021
    Ohh come on don't act daft...

We all know what to expect from Mikkelsen, Suninen might surprise ala 2017 Finland or disappoint, which I consider more interesting.