Page 18 of 277 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Hardly.. it was one event (which was also his home event) where there was also not much competition.

I happen to believe he does have a lot of talent and potential, but he still has a lot to prove too.
    But also his second ever event in R5. What he has is the mental side of winning, starting a rally for the fourth day and maintaining the correct pace that's fast enough but without risks.

2. Likes: Munkvy (17th October 2017),pantealex (17th October 2017)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Lefebvre was good in FWD cars, but he did only a year worth of rallies in R5 with only one good result (in Monte 2015) before being taken into WRC level. And I think WRC2 or ERC is where he should still be.

And I think Rovanperä should do a couple of years of WRC2 as well and he's still years ahead of most of his rivals. I hope the hype doesn't work against him. It's not like he fails if he doesn't win WRC2 in Wales and Australia.
    Same with Bertelli. Should have continued on with WRC2, he was doing well there and then silly move up to WRC!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Yeh, we must remember his age, most people are only starting their careers at this point when he is already winning national championships in an R5 car. We can still give him a couple of years.
    Its rare that a driver who gets his drives through the money and contacts of his father, turns out to be an incredible talent. Getting the best car and the best support from a very early age makes it 'easy' to win lower championships agains privateers and other young drives who have to do everything themself. Its only when you get to the level where your opponents have the same level of material, that we can see the true talents.

But its not impossible. I had my doubts with verstappen, but he truly is the talent they claimed him to be.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (17th October 2017)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Anyone know anything about i20 R2 spec.. Some time ago I read something about plans that they could produce a caar like that.

Liked 87 Times in 40 Posts
    Next Year MSA Bulgaria will build one as the homologation completed it is like fiesta based on small turbo engine

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Anyone knows if they are still working on R5 development? I heard it's not a good car. Some italian drivers who have tried it said it has not much grip and you struggle to keep it in the lines. (I can't say the names, it's not Andolfi btw). Do you guys think they are right or have some confirmation of this from other drivers? Or the car is just fine and what matters most is the driver in this case?

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Anyone knows if they are still working on R5 development? I heard it's not a good car. Some italian drivers who have tried it said it has not much grip and you struggle to keep it in the lines. (I can't say the names, it's not Andolfi btw). Do you guys think they are right or have some confirmation of this from other drivers? Or the car is just fine and what matters most is the driver in this case?
    I have not seen any results which suggest it is on the same level as the Fabia or Fiesta.

10. Likes: pantealex (26th October 2017)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Anyone know anything about i20 R2 spec.. Some time ago I read something about plans that they could produce a caar like that.
    New R2 regulations/ rules might happen in 2018 so Hyundai stopped their R2 i20 project based on the old/ current rules earlier this year.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Paddon didn't complain, Neuville also, the car wins Spanish Championship.

Everyone who have money thinks that they can drive anything fast. Sure they blame the car for their bad skills..

13. Likes: logic (26th October 2017)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    and Andolfi is last at the shakedown with it in WRC2 category

https://www.ewrc-results.com/shake/3...-2017/?sct=222
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -