Page 212 of 281 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Humber View Post
    Any wild cards - from the Spanish, Italian, French, another Belgian. etc?
    Hyundai wants an experienced driver, not a wild card.

You have Mikkelsen, Suninen, Östberg, Paddon and Meeke available with previous WRC experience.

2. Likes: cali (20th October 2022),pantealex (20th October 2022)
    Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Humber View Post
    Paddon drove his first Rally Finland and yet Pajari (at 20 years old) was faster than Paddon, this year)
    I guess you don't get the gravity of buying a new car and needing to ship it back to NZ the next day after the rally in order to get it back to the single biggest rally of your carreer to ensure sponsors and your country get to see you rally, Vs someone on a home rally with nothing to lose. The smart move was to complete the rally with no risk, gaining valuable seat time in a new car and knowledge for a crack at it next year. Its logical and smart and that's how he played it. That has no meaning on his pace whats so ever but I can see I'm not getting anywhere with logic.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Yeah, surely he can convince team bosses "I could have driven faster"

5. Likes: cali (20th October 2022),pantealex (20th October 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    I guess you don't get the gravity of buying a new car and needing to ship it back to NZ the next day after the rally in order to get it back to the single biggest rally of your carreer to ensure sponsors and your country get to see you rally, Vs someone on a home rally with nothing to lose. The smart move was to complete the rally with no risk, gaining valuable seat time in a new car and knowledge for a crack at it next year. Its logical and smart and that's how he played it. That has no meaning on his pace whats so ever but I can see I'm not getting anywhere with logic.
    Logic... Right...
    I like Paddon as well but his performance so far has not impressed many of us here and I dare think any of team bosses as well.
    Even if we are fans of somebody we need to be fair and look at the things as they are and not making up some fantasies.
    Very likeable bloke though and I would like to see him more in WRC though his Rally1 chances are slim.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

7. Likes: pantealex (20th October 2022)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Hyundai wants an experienced driver, not a wild card.

You have Mikkelsen, Suninen, Östberg, Paddon and Meeke available with previous WRC experience.
    With Meeke you get both though. Experienced wild card.
    Last edited by Myrvold; 20th October 2022 at 21:27.

9. Likes: AnttiL (20th October 2022),cali (20th October 2022),Eli (20th October 2022),Jewy46 (20th October 2022),lancia037 (20th October 2022),pantealex (20th October 2022)
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7g0qiAa_gY

Interesting comment by Neuville. That he is been pushing to keep Ott as his teammate, so kinda sounds like He hasnt made up his mind yet, where he will be driving next year.

Also Gus'es comment is also interesting, who else he could be reffering to at 36:58: Everyone is waiting for a certain person to decide where he wants to go

11. Likes: AnttiL (20th October 2022),EstWRC (20th October 2022)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post

Interesting comment by Neuville. That he is been pushing to keep Ott as his teammate, so kinda sounds like He hasnt made up his mind yet, where he will be driving next year.

Also Gus'es comment is also interesting, who else he could be reffering to at 36:58: Everyone is waiting for a certain person to decide where he wants to go
    Exactly . And todays news from Toyota camp that they still haven’t locked their lineup and hope to do it on rally Japan
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post

Evans deciding between M-Sport or Hyundai?

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Evans deciding between M-Sport or Hyundai?
    Well, lets say in a scenario where Tänak goes to Toyota, who's seat will he take? My bet would be Evans. SO if things would go that way, then Evans would need to take that decision, either to go to a team with no budget or go to a team that has a car notorious for its lack of drivability. so i wouldnt toss that idea completely out of the window

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Exactly . And todays news from Toyota camp that they still haven’t locked their lineup and hope to do it on rally Japan
    For a brief second i was pretty certain Tänak will remain at Hyundai, but now when everyone is throwing theese hints around, i am not so sure anymore. Sometimes looks like they are all in it together to start theese ruomors for fun, and then decide in their circle what fun hint should someone drop and where, just to mess with us rallyfans