Thread: M*f1*s*h

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts

M*f1*s*h

Seems to me that they need a mobile surgical hospital in one of those containers they ship around the world .
    Or , they need to require track owners to provide facilities fully stocked with staff and supplies during GPs , at least for places prone to atmospheric disturbance like this .

The world saw a sad crowd .
    That's bad for the show .
    And , the show must go on .

So , I predict they'll have a quick reaction to this one .
    Toss some money at it , and you can fix the helicopter visibility problem we've had for many years .

It would have to be a vastly expensive box of tricks , but it would guarantee the staging of the race , which would have to be a huge plus .

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    If staffed by Hawkeye & Trapper John... and don't forget "Hot Lips" Hoollihan...
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Quote Originally Posted by veeten View Post
    If staffed by Hawkeye & Trapper John... and don't forget "Hot Lips" Hoollihan...
    Replace "Hoolihan" with "Hartstein'' .

Remember the not so politically correct "Spearchucker Jones" ?
    It was a speaking role that disappeared , a little like Gary Hartstein .

Liberty would do well to invite Gary back to put it together .

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Completely agree with you Baggie. FP2 was a farce. It’s situations like this that put fans off the sport.

Live coverage of FP2 is aired late at night in my neck of the woods, so I didn't stay up to watch it (thankfully). I recorded it and "watched" the following morning.
    I feel sorry for the few fans that attended the event. They appeared disgruntled, but patient and seemed to take it all in stride. Can you imagine the kafuffle if a similar situation happened at any other venue, USGP for example?

I don't know what the solution is, but something must be agreed between the FIA, safety officials, and event organisors to ensure that fans aren’t left discontented.

Thankfully TSN is showing live coverage of the Masters this weekend so I have something more to watch on the telly than some bloke dressed up as Darth Vader
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Completely agree with you Baggie. FP2 was a farce. It’s situations like this that put fans off the sport.
    They didn't need the helicopter in the end because they brought the necessary equipment and staff to a more local hospital .

I don't think we will ever see this issue arise in China again .
    And , I'm hoping that Liberty saw the solution as well , and will make sure it can't happen anywhere else , either .