Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Better race today, although it was a shame we didn't get the chance to see Seb and Lewis race. The weather and Max livened this one up.

Overtaking is going to be a real issue this year, even worse than before.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    There are rules for when helos are allowed to fly and when they are not, called Visual flight rules.
    These rules can be a little different from one country to another which is why helos can fly in a certain weather in country x but not in country y.

Page 34: http://www.icao.int/Meetings/anconf1...ons%5B1%5D.pdf
    I know that already. the question is why don't they have a non-helicopter alternative as contingency for when the chopper is grounded for whatever reason.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

It was a great race in the end. Some patterns are beginning to emerge; we are seeing the first signs that Verstapenn is emerging as the future of the Redbull hopes. Ricciado was simply out classed by the pesky dutchman today. It is beginning to take the shape of the Vettel and Webber scenario all over again. it may be too early to say but most people are beginning to think it.

The Ferrari pitwall seem incapable of working a strategy for two cars at the same time. Kimi got such a bad service from Ferrari today that it even annoyed me abit. Talking of things that annoyed during the race, Max's whinning for blue flags while he was 2 seconds away from the Haas of Grojeans really ticked me off. That said, he was the star of the show today and showed that he was really a champion in waiting.

The rookies really cost their teams dearly today. Sauber would be whincing their way to Bahrain as they calculate the dent to their small budget. I think Pascal would be getting the hurry up to get into the car after this weekend. The Stroll incident was classic rookie mistake. He left the door wide open and casually tries to close it as if on a drive to the shops. I am sure he would be sharper next time out.

Bottas cost Mercedes loads of points today. He recovered well but should not be making those sorts of mistakes in a top team like Mercedes. A Mercedes one-two was on the cards today. I think this race shows that he is not in the same league as Rosberg yet. It would come as the year develops. But a few more of these mistakes would certainly ruin his chance of keeping that coveted seat beyond the end of the season.

It was abit disappointing that the anticipated head to head between Vettel and Hamilton did not happen today. Hamilton drove a supreme race. And Vettel showed why he is a four time world champion as he muscled his way to the front.

Mclaren, what can l say. It is becoming a real embarrasment now. I just feel for Alonso. Where is he going to go in 2018? I doubt Ferrari would want him back. Bottas seem to be making the second car at Mercedes his own. Redbull is out of the question. Which leaves Williams or Renault.

What about Sainz? I thought he was bonkers starting the race on the red wall slick tyres. But it paid a handsome dividend in the end didn't it.

Ocon was great too actually. He did some great overtaking as well.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 10th April 2017 at 21:07.
    William Shakespeare

4. Likes: easy rider (10th April 2017)
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Max is on a tear!
    Brought back somewhat memories, of the 1st lap at Donnington in 1993........Good Stuff!

It was annoying, and pissed me off also as Nitrodaze said, " Max's whining for blue flags while he was 2 seconds away from the Haas of Grojean," was a bit much.
    Last edited by easy rider; 10th April 2017 at 00:31.

6. Likes: truefan72 (10th April 2017)
    Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    Good race, lots of battles. Shame for Giovanzazzi. McLaren - UGH. Lewis did a nice controlled race sand brought home the gold.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I know that already. the question is why don't they have a non-helicopter alternative as contingency for when the chopper is grounded for whatever reason.
    There is such an alternative: an ambulance. The problem is that the nearest hospital is too far away for an ambulance to get there in 20 minutes, so that was out of the question from the get-go. And if you can't get there soon enough by helicopter or by car/ambulance, what else do you have?

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Didn't see this one, did I miss a lot?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    There is such an alternative: an ambulance. The problem is that the nearest hospital is too far away for an ambulance to get there in 20 minutes, so that was out of the question from the get-go. And if you can't get there soon enough by helicopter or by car/ambulance, what else do you have?
    A local emergency unit fitted with the key equipment and personnel to deal with dire situations. The military get by with such a setup in war zones across the world.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 10th April 2017 at 21:08.
    William Shakespeare