Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    It looks like Ferrari has closed the power gap with cars on row 1 and 2 and Hass on row 3. Merc doesn't match that although they are still P1.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 25th March 2017 at 20:30.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reid View Post
    It looks like Ferrari has closed the power gap with cars on row 1 and 2 and Hass on row 3. Merc doesn't match that althought they are still P1.
    I almost forgot...props to Rogro for putting the Haas on row three, less 1/100 from getting into the 1:23s. It's their best starting position in their short history. Of course if Danny boy hadn't crashed out it probably would be row 4
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Holey cow !
    Can't wait for the race , now .

Merc and the reds aren't too far apart , team mates are split through the midfield , and everyone looks like they are right on the edge of grip .

My homey Lance rightly said he's a fair piece behind his team mate , Mousa , figuring he should have put it in 12th or 13th .
    Given that all and sundry are saying the "snap oversteer" is pretty intense this year , I'm not going to beat him up over slapping the wall so much before the season starts , but he'll have to work that out , and soon .
    It seems they stiffened it up to try to get more out of it , but it made it just too edgy .
    Flip's experience had him able to adapt .

I'm not sure I've ever seen a more sketchy set of hands on the wheel than Lance's during the onboard footage .
    It looked scary as hell .

Honestly , I think starting at the back may be the best thing for him , as , if he can work his way up at least to where he thought he should have quallied , it could give him a whack of confidence .

I can't wait for the race .
    He could be the next coming of Pastor Maldanado!

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Good performance by Lewis, Sebastian, and Valteri today, but happy to see Hamilton take his 62 career pole positions. Lewis will find out that Bottas isn't like that other Finnish teammate, by the way who put on a great performance in his Mercedes debut for 3rd place. Vettel surely was fun too watch in securing 2nd place during qualy..........Looks like a good race ahead.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Good performance by Lewis, Sebastian, and Valteri today, but happy to see Hamilton take his 62 career pole positions. Lewis will find out that Bottas isn't like that other Finnish teammate that he had, and by the way who put on a great performance in his Mercedes debut for 3rd place. Vettel surely was fun too watch in securing 2nd place during qualy..........Looks like a good race ahead.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reid View Post
    It looks like Ferrari has closed the power gap with cars on row 1 and 2 and Hass on row 3. Merc doesn't match that although they are still P1.
    That Haas car has that wee wing stiffened now , so they may turn out even faster in the race .

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    He could be the next coming of Pastor Maldanado!
    That was low , Taz .

Don't beat him down that bad , yet .

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I've had a good couple of days at Albert Park. I won't be going to the race.

In the time I spent there. Even though you don't get the benefit of a big screen and being at a corner. The cars are thrilling to experience, seeing them rush past you prior to the braking for t3. The are genuinely fantastic machines, and seeing them through there is on of the biggest thrills I've had as a spectator at any sporting event.

They are also sensational approaching t13. I stood at the 50m board for a period on the outside. And you see them fly in from a fair distance through the wire fencing, and they star braking prior to the 50m board and make the corner no problem. I stood on the inside exiting t13 later on. It was fun to notice them working the wheel. Idk if it's his natural inclination or a reflection on the car he's driving, but It appeared as though Alonso was working the hardest!

Personally. I'm hoping Bottas can do something today. Hamilton/Vettel have been there, done that. Bottas is unproven in a top car. The sooner he does something, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    That was low , Taz .

Don't beat him down that bad , yet .
    Just razzing you bro

Danny boy stuck on track in warm up, it doesn't look good. Wait he's out of the freakin' race. Holy cow!