Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
Thanks, but I stand by my opinion. The lack of overtaking ability was evident, Max being the best defender out there was irrelevant as Hamilton couldn't even get close enough to challenge him.
Thanks, but how is this different from the F1 races from 20 or 30 years ago? I have watched the most of the 1990s races, for example, and they were basically similar in the way that if you end up driving behind a competent driver and a competent car, then overtaking it will be extremely hard if not impossible. The way I see it, the greatness of a racing is not only in seeing the faster car always overtaking the slow car, but also in seeing a competent driver of a slower car putting a heroic drive and slowing a driver with obviously a faster car. What should be exciting in F1 racing is not the number of overtakes, but the struggle of the _close racing_. If overtakes are almost always easy, like it is today, this significantly reduces the amount of close racing. I think by now most people are more than sick of the fake DRS overtakes that F1 has been allowing in the past years since 2011 because those easy and frequent overtakes have come at the cost of seeing less and less high quality close racing.