Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

2017 Australian Grand Prix

Winter is over

Mercedes have taken out at least a couple of the sandbags in Friday practice. I wouldn't bet on anything other than a Hamilton win at this point.

In the midfield, it looks very close between Williams, Haas, Renault, Torro Rosso and Force India. That could be a real scrap.

And at the rear, If Honda can't sort out their issues then McLaren are going to be relying on Alonso's skills to make sure they finish ahead of Sauber.

The race is 6AM GMT on Sunday. Who's going to be watching it live? Can't quite decide if it's worth the early start at this point.

2. Likes: truefan72 (24th March 2017)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Winter is over

Mercedes have taken out at least a couple of the sandbags in Friday practice. I wouldn't bet on anything other than a Hamilton win at this point.

In the midfield, it looks very close between Williams, Haas, Renault, Torro Rosso and Force India. That could be a real scrap.

And at the rear, If Honda can't sort out their issues then McLaren are going to be relying on Alonso's skills to make sure they finish ahead of Sauber.

The race is 6AM GMT on Sunday. Who's going to be watching it live? Can't quite decide if it's worth the early start at this point.
    It starts at 12:30 AM where I am and I will not be watching.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The coverage starts at 11:30pm for me (US Central time), and I will be watching. Having said that, I think that we are entering this season with the poorest possible expectations since like, forever. We don't have Rosberg in a Mercedes car any more to counter-balance Hamilton. So yeah, I have pretty poor expectations for the season, but I still have a hope that Red Bull, Ferrari, or Bottas-Mercedes could occasionally take the fight to Hamilton.

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    here it will be 9 in the morning i will be watching it live and i cant really wait to see who is the daddy

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    So all the talk about Ferrari being on par or quicker was just that....as expected actually. Unless now Ferrari are detuning in the practice, I'm not holding my breath

Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    The coverage starts at 11:30pm for me (US Central time), and I will be watching. .
    me too and considering I have no life so to speak I'd like to watch..but I don't have a tv either right now..wondering if it's possible to see online (for free!), probably not.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    I saw a Merc 1-2 today. I guess not much has changed?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Looks like the upgrade package Mercedes brought to Australia is a huge step forward. I think Ferrari will get closer but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hamilton drop down to 1min 20s based on his pace today. Incredible times so far and the cars go through the corners more like they did in the mid noughties. They handle how an F1 car should handle now. The Mercedes front end looks amazing.

I think it will be Hamilton on pole. Don't think Bottas is on his level. Based on what I have seen from Bottas over the last number of years I doubt he ever will be either but will reserve judgement till mid way through the season and he has had time to integrate into the team.

Ferrari may still spring a surprise as they had balance issues today.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Hamilton's starts have been less than stellar throughout his career. There's always the chance that one of the other drivers on the two front rows could beat him to the first corner. Unless there is contact there it won't make much difference on the race outcome though.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    So all the talk about Ferrari being on par or quicker was just that....as expected actually. Unless now Ferrari are detuning in the practice, I'm not holding my breath

me too and considering I have no life so to speak I'd like to watch..but I don't have a tv either right now..wondering if it's possible to see online (for free!), probably not.
    Dawg, you should be able to pick up the Sky stream free on:
    http://xn--vipbx-p29a.tv/
    or
    http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/motosport.html
    It will say you need an account but just wait and the broadcast will still play.
    Broadcast starts at 9:30 west coast time. I'll probably have the sky audio, and Mexican station on TV. Hardly any commercials on Univision Deportes Network.
    Be watching all three during the race with a cold Newcastle in reach
    May the forza be with you

11. Likes: Storm (26th March 2017)
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    All in all, it's just another Stroll to the wall.

13. Likes: gm99 (27th March 2017),Tazio (25th March 2017)