Page 24 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I keep looking at the itinerary and previous year average speeds. Of course it's questionable how the reversions and chicanes affect it, but we might see the fastest rally ever. In the previous years, there were always some "slower" forest stages where the average speed was "only" under 120 km/h like Surkee, Painaa, Himos, Palsankylä, short versions of Leustu, short/slow versions of Ouninpohja (with titles Kakaristo or Hassi). Now, we don't have any of those, it's just brutal speed all the way through, probably at least 120 km/h winning average speed for all forest stages. closer to 130 for most. The course clerk already said the route will be taken back to smaller and slower roads next year because he was so disappointed in FIA demanding the chicanes. So enjoy this year while you still can. I hope there's no second round stage cancellations for too high speed like in Sweden...

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Most of spectator access to Ouninpohja stage are from the main road E63 (from Jamsa to Langelmaki). Generally, is that road section subject to traffic jam during Saturday Leg?
    Thanks

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baffo View Post
    Most of spectator access to Ouninpohja stage are from the main road E63 (from Jamsa to Langelmaki). Generally, is that road section subject to traffic jam during Saturday Leg?
    Thanks
    Yes.
    Could be from there all the way back to Jyväskylä. Or not.
    Sometimes it´s faster to drive route Halli-Mänttä-Keuruu-Jyväskylä
    Just listen ralliradio 99,3mhz
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

4. Likes: AnttiL (18th July 2017)
    WRC drivers are aliens! ruesluporp's Avatar
    Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts
    I finally got the magazine online (not easy). I will screenshot the maps tonight. But I don't know how to send the stuff to people interested in?

6. Likes: satnav (19th July 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruesluporp View Post
    I finally got the magazine online (not easy). I will screenshot the maps tonight. But I don't know how to send the stuff to people interested in?
    If you can send them to me I can easily create an online link which everyone can download using a password or not. I normally use Dropbox.

WRC drivers are aliens! ruesluporp's Avatar
    Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    If you can send them to me I can easily create an online link which everyone can download using a password or not. I normally use Dropbox.
    I don't want to publish a link, I will send my link (Box) to any reader interested in who will send a private message to me.

9. Likes: satnav (19th July 2017)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    For anyone who wants more detailed maps, there's an interesting app called "topo maps - Finland" on the apple app store. There's probably something for android too. I've used it to navigate the last few times. You can draw the stage maps on the maps, it's very convenient.

Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts
    Local motorsport magazine "Vauhdin maailma" has an unofficial rally guide.

They use those topographic maps on their Stage maps.
    "San Romolo opettaa"

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Just remember that some of the access roads are blocked and only the official guide has information about them

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Both Tuulilasi and Vauhdin Maailma have only 33% correct numbers for C3 WRC Both have Meeke right but Breen/Al-Qassimi wrong.

Vauhdin Maailma has only info about blocked roads of Ouninpohja, not for any other stages. And another problem is that it´s only in Finnish language. Maps are very good.

Shortly: If you buy 1 rallymagazine take Tuulilasi, if you want also topographic maps take also VauhdinMaailma.
    Last edited by pantealex; 19th July 2017 at 09:05.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"