Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
It is more variable than that in my limited experience. Last year some areas were relaxed if you were moving before the safety cars passage but on several stages, despite standing in a safe spot at a location recommended in the programme, the marshal had interpreted their instructions as the zone in question was to be kept spectator-free. Only once did I have to hide in the undergrowth (and got bitten to hell!!) to escape the gaze of the lovely Michelle M. I'm going to start a craze for 'We love you Michelle' banners as she always looks so grumpy and clearly needs cheering up!
My wife and I did the same thing. We hid behind trees when Michelle M and other zero cars were coming through. She saw us at one of the stages and rolled her window down and said "I'm not leaving until you guys cross the street and find a safe spot". We laughed a bit and walked across since we were going to do that anyways, but yes, she is always a bit angry

We got bit like crazy too. I've got tons of bug spray this time and will apply every two hours. Hope it keeps the mosquitoes away