Page 31 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    That's something I am 100% sure off, Ogier himself said it in the finish of the stage.
    Besides being a superhuman driver, Ogier can also be pretty ironic...
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Besides being a superhuman driver, Ogier can also be pretty ironic...
    or more normally an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Pretty sure that's exactly what he said, he knew it was a big field there
    its not the first time we ve listen excuses from Ogier.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    no he didn't know anything,it was pure luck he didn't hit a rock a tree,or a spectators car.
    Same way they retire when they don't know for a cutten log or a stone at the edge of the road.Not something 5-10-20-30 meters away from road.
    Corners are thousands at every rally,its impossible to know at which corner you have the space to go out of road,how the car will go out of road(front,sideways,with back side) when you make the mistake ''due to space'' at which stage you will need to push etc etc etc
    Small rock at the edge of the road could get exposed after recce. Clearly visible obstacles are marked, see for example Neuville's rally ending mistake in Monte, he had it marked in the notes.
    Ogier totally knew it was open field without big visible obstacles.

Clearly you don't believe drivers can remember most of some 150 kms of stages that they spend 2-3 weeks preparing and watching vids for (as mentioned they drive them at least 2 times and watch on vid at least 3 times, most likely much more, + they are repeated year after year). Well that's just your opinion man

Ohh, forgot, you also don't believe Ogier's own words and ignore the fact that he comes from the area and could have driven the road hundreds of times before. Pure luck is the only reason. Got it.

Pure luck is the only reason. Got it.
    of course. next time he will hit a stone or a log or whatever,i will ask you how is it possible to don't see it at recce.
    or when somebody hit a tree,why he pushed at this corner,and not at a different one with 27 meters empty grass,so he could escape without a scratch.
    so many watching videos,so many repeated stages for years, and they still hit rocks,logs,failing to cliffs.
    Maybe they didn't notice them at recce.
    Driver error? No way!

If you want to win you have to push (Tanak)... I would add, everywhere. Clearly some places are safer, some are a bit less safe.
    All drivers are watching same vids, so they are all likely to push a bit in the "safer" areas. Which is why you see far more off-road excursions in these areas than in the middle of narrow rock/tree ridden sections. But consequences are more serious in the difficult spots. Also on some rallies/stages the consequences are the same no matter where you crash (Corsica, most Finish stages etc.).

Btw. remember Breen in Sardinia hitting the stone. Immediately after the vid came out quite a lot of people here pointed to recce error (jumping right on the rock in the cut), some people said "bad luck". Then came official wrc vid analysis and Citroen team comments that it was indeed recce/driver error due to inexperience at that spot.

Clearly there is no point to continue this discussion (also Rally Finland thread), even though I find it really difficult to believe how little faith you have in the memory of the fastest rally drivers in the world in the age of onboards. There are tons of evidence, statements from drivers, teams, stagetimes (Breen without intercom on Corsica). Sure 10 years ago the situation was different, not now.
    Last edited by mknight; 24th July 2017 at 22:33.

There are tons of evidence, statements from drivers, teams, stagetimes (Breen without intercom on Corsica). .
    tons of crashes/ retirements at corners with no space.Why they pushed while they know there was no room for error?
    Didn't watched the videos?

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So why don´t we discuss this and other matters on "The live Bar and Talk Discussion" session on Paviljonki Sokos Hotel Paviljonki on Thursday at 15.00 hours?? I promise I´ll be there. Maybe some of my Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish friends as well. Belgians, Greeks, French, German, whatever - just be square! Thursday 15.00 at SP Paviljonki Hotel Sokos Trattoria, outside restaurant. Maybe some beers will be changed from historical promises?
    Repeated so it won´t vanish in the off topic current discussion of drivers errors.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    tons of crashes/ retirements at corners with no space.Why they pushed while they know there was no room for error?
    Didn't watched the videos?
    Highlighted the relevant part of my post for you, maybe you missed it.

I see you really don't believe that Ogier can remember that a corner close to his childhood-home that he has driven in a rally stage probably 10+ times (5 years x 2 runs), that he drove 2 times in recce, watched a vid of 3 times during the previous week AND one that he drove already 2 hours before (was second run of the stage) has an open area on the outside. Even though he himself says it in an interview. Have to say I give up then, starts to sound like talking to some tinfoil-hat people.

10. Likes: AnttiL (24th July 2017)
    Highlighted the relevant part of my post for you, maybe you missed it.

I see you really don't believe that Ogier can remember that a corner close to his childhood-home that he has driven in a rally stage probably 10+ times (5 years x 2 runs), that he drove 2 times in recce, watched a vid of 3 times during the previous week AND one that he drove already 2 hours before (was second run of the stage) has an open area on the outside. Even though he himself says it in an interview. Have to say I give up then, starts to sound like talking to some tinfoil-hat people.
    Ogier have some decades of crashes,why he crashed? didn't saw the videos? hadn't done these stages plenty of times? hadn't recce these stages? hadn't run twice at this rally this stage?
    Get real.