Page 28 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts
    I hope JML win. I spoke with Jarimatti yesterday. He was very happy and motivated. Car was very good and fast in last test. he think they have best Wrc car for rally Finland. Jari told they have new engine in Toyota for rally Finland. jarimatti said Esapekka can be really fast too and maybe tanak and neuville.. big fight and jml for win!

2. Likes: electroliquid (21st July 2017),EstWRC (21st July 2017),tommeke_B (22nd July 2017)
    Liked 1,462 Times in 835 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO4HlnNg2vk Michelin video before Rally Finland.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Hey boys I just got off the phone with a good friend who I build his engine and flywheel and suspension for his nice rally 240 Volvo and I even (yikes!!!) co-drive with a couple of times...He called to say he's arranged a very last minute trip to Finland with his family and negotiate with his wife to get one day off , Saturday, to go watch WRC...
    Very last minute, brilliant planning, I know, but the poor boy doesn't have a clue what to do to see anything..

His name is Albert Kun but we call him Alperti Kunkanen because every rally driver should have a Finnish alter-ego.
    He's a very nice guy, very good humor and generally fun to hang out with..

Can some of you guys temporarily adopt Al and drag him along?

Just Saturday......

Pelle! You have room maybe? language should not be a problem, he can understand me so he can understand anything...I have even tried to teach him some Finnish swearing (well he did ask what I was saying on Stages about his driving...)

if you can help and have some space please send me a note with your mobil phone number and maybe even say where you think would be smartest for him to be...

Naturally he's flying in to Helsinki so he has to go up North somewhere...Train? Buss? Where?

If you have any brilliant ideas please email me cause I don't know if PM works so well..My email is janvanvurpa "at" gmail 'dot' com

Now since he's a Volvo 240 rally guy sure he wants to see the big heroes but I know he will be extra thrilled to see F-cup or vetomies too...I have been encouraging boys to get to Finland or Sweden and see what "normal" people drive like ---or "Abby Normal" people in typical club level cars..
    Please let me know....
    Now, your frien Mr Kun (Kunkkanen) need help. I have no room, yet. My plan is to stay over in my own car or maybe I´ll find room, but nothing decided yet, except for I live on hotel Wed-Thu.
    His main problem I guess is to go up to Jyväskylä from Helsinki. Renting a small car would surely be best solution. Also haven´t talked to my Finnish friends about it. But if he can be at a predefined place at a predefined hour, I think we could arrange something. That was for Saturday, right?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

5. Likes: pantealex (22nd July 2017)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    @janvanvurpa Mr Kun can join if he will be at Jyväskylä 6am or Jämsä 7am Saturday morning. More details should be in PM, right? You get PM from me right away. (even though you´re at sleep right now ...)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: pantealex (22nd July 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    My US weather app (not always consistent) is saying we will have some rain on Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Wet conditions will be interesting

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    no rain please, it will be not fun then to be there.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: pantealex (22nd July 2017)
    Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    28 x R5!
    Will be cool, almost more interesting than Wrc!
    some of them will have the experience of their life, on the 1000 lakes roads!
    Keep It Simple Stupid !

12. Likes: pantealex (23rd July 2017),satnav (23rd July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M5 View Post
    28 x R5!
    Will be cool, almost more interesting than Wrc!
    some of them will have the experience of their life, on the 1000 lakes roads!
    And the cool thing is that there's no Mikkelsen or Tidemand to take a clear victory, instead it's gonna be a tight battle between Veiby, Greensmith, Huttunen, Nordgren, Camilli and Asunmaa.

14. Likes: tommeke_B (22nd July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    My local forecast says still chance of rain for all days, especially afternoons, but now the afternoon temperatures are over 20 C. Thursday actually seems quite dry.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 22nd July 2017 at 19:19.

Liked 809 Times in 425 Posts
    well the forecast has been changin a lot ...like always lol

my sources are saying rain all day on friday and light rain on sunday

probaly its gonna change a lot during the next days