Threaded View

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts
    Some small tips to first visitors:

Get early to the stages, preferably before the road closes. If going for the first time then don't rush between stages. I've been to Rally Finland for 10 years and only one time have I stressed between stages and that was not fun. Instead, come early, find a good spot, bring something to sit on, drink and eat. Don't forget a radio to be able to listen to the Rally Radio.

The designated spots are sometimes ok but sometimes very, very bad and my personal view is that organizers should instead mark out places which are a absolute no-go (plus outside of corners of course) and then let people spread out. I've been in very safe spots and been chased away because it was "not behind the ribbon"...

Walk away on the stage and find a nice safe spot for yourself. Keep a good distance from the road to keep off the radar of the Marshalls and then come closer when the cars arrive.

This year the ittenary is very nice and allows to watch one double-run stage in the morning-midday and one more in the afternoon with time for a (real) lunch break in between, since they run something like 3 double stages before lunch and 3 in the afternoon which is very nice.

Bring cash in the car since parking usually is 5 EUR.

Buy a portable USB mobile charger which you recharge at home so you can charge your phone in the forest.

Don't speed. The police always stand with radars between stages and the fines for speeding in Finland are high.

Have fun!

Feel free to fill in.
    Last edited by Hasselhoax; 21st June 2017 at 09:07.

2. Likes: AnttiL (21st June 2017),jparker (21st June 2017),TWRC (22nd June 2017)