Hello everyone, if all goes well my girlfriend and I are leaving next week for a Scandinavian road trip. We travel and sleep in a van, a Hyundai H1. Traditionally, I get to choose what to do on my birthday (29th of July). It has been a lifetime dream of mine to attend a WRC rally, so she hesitantly agreed to drive to Finland with me.

The plan is to leave on the 21st of July, drive through Denmark, the south of Sweden, take the ferry to Turku and drive up to Jyvaskyla. After the rally we would drive up, cross into Norway somehow and drive south again. I'm keen on driving to the Lofoten too, but I'm not sure if it's doable to sleep in a van there...

So here goes... I want to keep the miss happy and as there are lots of Scandinavians on the forum I'm asking the experts themselves! Any tips on places to go to on this trip, apart from Jyvaskyla of course? Beautiful cities, routes or things to do. Any festivals around that time? I read there's a real tradition of theatre in summer too.

My girlfriend is also very afraid it's going to rain a lot on the trip. Is there hope for some sunshine? Sorry for the offtopic!