Quote Originally Posted by Supercotts View Post
Hi,

I am attending my first Finnish Rally later this month. I have accomodation in Jyväskylä and have hired a car to get around.

Would those who have attended before please advise on the best stages to attend, how easy it is got get from stage to stage by car and just general advice that is not covered on the official website.

Any help would really be appreciated
Some basic things:
-Buy official rally-magazine (Tuulilasi), it has good overall map and separate stage maps. Driving directions and spectator tips in ENGLISH.
-Prepare to pay for parking or prepare to walk from long distance.
-Listen rally radio (99,3mhz), it tells all important stuff also in English (traffic, possible schedule changes and results)
-Be ready to change your plans during rally, traffic jams are very difficult to know. Some years from Jyväskylä to Jämsä takes 45min and sometimes 2h30min...

There are no bad stages in Rally Finland, every stages has some good viewing points. You have to choose based on what kind of action you like: Jumps, crossings, high speed action etc.
Maybe some non Finnish people are better to tell some tips because us finns live here everyday.