Page 21 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts

Lappi Finnish tv

Lappi said today in finnish tv he want be better than 4th in rally finland!

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Better ferry, better food, joyful trip. Kapellskär, why not, but more for långtradarchaffisar (know meaning of that word?)
    Visst..I think på angleski we say "truckers"...or "over the road truckers'...
    I think...(less and less certain of my Englische these days)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by ruesluporp View Post
    Kappelskär is not a good idea! It's almost sold out for the few days before the rally, and it's very expensive...
    I was curious because I used to live in Stockholm and I know Pelle aka rallyper lives 'way up" closer to there..and it ends up in Åbo...
    In my travels all over Europe by truck-van/service barge I always tended to avoid urban area so I thought who would want to drive in Stockholm AND Helsinki?

It's true though that the Finland boats are a LOT larger and more of them departing Stockholm...

And to Intergrale, my very probable neighbor 400 years ago, absolutely check into booking early..
    In Sweden it is always a safe bet that you need to book early for EVERYTHING!
    Including calling anything...
    You want a beer? book early (don't bother take your own since you have such good beer everywhere...)
    Dinner? book early..
    Done with your beer and want to get rid of it?
    Book early!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by satukata View Post
    Lappi said today in finnish tv he want be better than 4th in rally finland!

in other news I didn't say it on American TV but I want to finish 4th or better in rally Finland.
    Is that news?
    I think a lot of us want to.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Before Poland Lappi said something along the lines that podium would be too much to hope for and that he does not have so high expectations. So this is quite a change, specially since he only did 2 stages in Poland.

But realistically both he and Toyota should be at their best in Poland. Question is how it compares with Neuville, Tanak, Latvala and Ogier. He does have a good starting position as well so it is indeed possible. Doesn't mean it's likely.

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Before Poland Lappi said something along the lines that podium would be too much to hope for and that he does not have so high expectations. So this is quite a change, specially since he only did 2 stages in Poland.

But realistically both he and Toyota should be at their best in Poland. Question is how it compares with Neuville, Tanak, Latvala and Ogier. He does have a good starting position as well so it is indeed possible. Doesn't mean it's likely.
    I think that when Lappi said that he was talking about his Poland result specifically. It didn't seem to be aimed at his general ambitions. After 6 stage wins in Sardinia, now coming to his home rally, aiming for 4th or higher seems ambitious but very achievable.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    in other news I didn't say it on American TV but I want to finish 4th or better in rally Finland.
    Is that news?
    I think a lot of us want to.
    Another bizarre interpretation of a post...

But of course this is news. It tells you everything you need to know about this up and coming talent. It's his fourth event in a WRC car on one of the toughest rallies in the world. I doubt Tommi is asking him to get a top-4, so this pressure and belief all come from Lappi himself.

Very few drivers aim so high so soon. He and Teemu will be one of the fascinating stories to follow on the rally.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Very few drivers aim so high so soon. He and Teemu will be one of the fascinating stories to follow on the rally.
    As Lappi himself says he does not have time to "slowly learn", he feels himself that he got into WRC car at least a year later than he should and he is no "young boy". He is 26, that's 1 year younger than Breen today, 1.5 years younger than Mikkelsen and 3 years older than Sunninen. Note that last year when Breen was same age he finished 3rd in Finland.

Sure Lappi does not have WRC-car experience but that's about the only place where "soon" applies in his career.

For sure he will be interesting to follow in the near future, I have to say I like both his performance and his behavior so far. Very Gronholm-like.

9. Likes: electroliquid (15th July 2017),pantealex (16th July 2017),Simmi (15th July 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I think someone should persuade Lappi to change approach. WRC is a learning sport where experience makes the difference way more than how old you are. He's 26 and has at least 10-12 years at the TOP level ahaed of him. He's doing good and he hasn't got to become world champion next year.

11. Likes: EstWRC (15th July 2017)
    Liked 208 Times in 109 Posts
    If anyone has managed to get the digital version of the programme downloaded I'd be gratefull if they could upload some of the parking at the stages for planning cheers