Page 91 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts
    Rapsula
    "San Romolo opettaa"

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

3. Likes: steve.mandzij (29th July 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Yes he does, in order to knock Ogier's confidence for the next round, he can't afford to come on the back foot to Rally Germany, where Ogier is the man to beat on asphalt. He won't get an opportunity like this again.
    Neuville is an asphalt driver, of course he can beat Ogier. As lonh as he gains points on him this rally it's been job done. 4 rallies with 100 points to play for.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Great performance by the Toyota's again today.

Even the likes of fast gravel expert Tanak cant beat them so their lead is well-deserved. Pity Ogier went out, maybe he could've given them a fight..

Shockingly poor the Hyundai's here is so strange and shows how deceptive the PET & SD video's can be.

Citroens still with big issues despite the new parts. Breen doing his best but that car is just not right and that must be horrible on these roads.

Liked 642 Times in 344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    shows how deceptive the PET & SD video's can be.
    Wrong. During testing and even on shakedown one only knows how good one's own car is, not how good the opposition is. Hyundai is a good car but Ford and Toyota just are better here.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Great performance by the Toyota's again today.

Even the likes of fast gravel expert Tanak cant beat them so their lead is well-deserved. Pity Ogier went out, maybe he could've given them a fight..

Shockingly poor the Hyundai's here is so strange and shows how deceptive the PET & SD video's can be.

Citroens still with big issues despite the new parts. Breen doing his best but that car is just not right and that must be horrible on these roads.
    I think road position does have much more to say in Finland than people often credit it with. Not necessarily due to cleaning but due to the lines and cuts being easily visible, that helps a lot at these speeds.

Case in point Ogier's off, if there were braking marks from before he wouldn't "forget" the corner, brake late and go off. Lappi vs Latvala also seems to confirm that.

This affects Tanak's speed today. Citroen clearly still has issues, specially when the grip is low (today morning with damp). The big difference is that last year the road order on Saturday was same as on Friday, so Breen and other late starters benefited from that.

8. Likes: A FONDO (29th July 2017),KKS (29th July 2017),Mise (29th July 2017)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    A little video for you all of Tanak SS15. Quality is sh!t after uploading

https://streamable.com/bwohy
    Quality is fine but you should have rotated the phone.

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Neuville is an asphalt driver, of course he can beat Ogier. As long as he gains points on him this rally it's been job done. 4 rallies with 100 points to play for.
    True, as you said Neuville is an asphalt driver, even an excellent one but Ogier has won that event 3 times now & Neuville has yet to win it. After that comes Spain where again Ogier won there 3 times to Neuville's no wins. Neuville needs to have the upper hand going into the last rallies of the year. if he wants to have a realistic chance clinching that title from Mr. Ogier.

As for Finland, Ogier has won this event so he did have an outside chance which is now gone and Neuviile needs to capitalize on it ASAP. As points go there are 120 points to play for...not 100 and that will make a difference at the end. If you want to become champion you need to know how to capitalize on your rivals misfortunes, this is why Ogier is champ for the past 4 years, even last year when he 'only' won 6 events he still finished on podium when others failed. Even this year look, Neuviile has 3 wins to Ogier's 2, now I know that the 2 DNF in the opening rounds have hurt him, but Ogier knew how to finish at least at the top 5 so he won't lose too much ground to his rivals.
    Btw Latvala is really impressive, again I know the rally isn't finished, not even close, and I know they are based here. However, if he manages to keep it to the end he will capitalize on Ogier's situation, unlike Neuviile who's is only making inwards to Ogier's lead.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    True, as you said Neuville is an asphalt driver, even an excellent one but Ogier has won that event 3 times now & Neuville has yet to win it. After that comes Spain where again Ogier won there 3 times to Neuville's no wins. Neuville needs to have the upper hand going into the last rallies of the year. if he wants to have a realistic chance clinching that title from Mr. Ogier.
    Neuville has won in Germany, it was his first win, back in 2014.
    I think the Hyundai is superior to the Ford on asphalt, while Ogier and Neuville are pretty even.
    Championship is going to be decided on a retirement for one of both drivers I think.

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Neuville has won in Germany, it was his first win, back in 2014.
    I think the Hyundai is superior to the Ford on asphalt, while Ogier and Neuville are pretty even.
    Championship is going to be decided on a retirement for one of both drivers I think.
    Oh right, I forgot, thanks for reminding me, yeah it was his first win right? silly me. Sorry my bad, yes it will be tight there but it would help had Neuville's gone in there with the championship lead in hand. I think you're right, it will probably be decided on a retirement for one of both drivers, hopefully it won't be as harsh for them as it was for Gronholm back in Ireland 2007.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

13. Likes: dupanton (29th July 2017)