Thread: St Pete

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

St Pete

Nice job by Bourdais in the opening race. Every once in a while one of Coyne's cars can do well.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    I was so looking forward to this race, but ABC's Goodyear just kills it for me.
    Otherwise it was fun to watch and i'm really happy for Dale Coyne. Looks like he invested some money this year, and i hope he can challenge the top teams.
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    It was weird to not see a Target sponsored car since i started watching Indy Car in the early 90's.
    KV racing is gone as well, and unfortunately the car count was down to 21 at St. Pete.
    Next up Long Beach. Long tradition, but again, like last year no Indy Lights. I know it's a cost issue, but it's also Long Beach, so i'm disappointed not to see them.
    With the engine manufacturer extending their contract and new aerokits coming next year, I hope support will increase this year as the racing has been good last year and started off well this year.
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_swiss View Post
    It was weird to not see a Target sponsored car since i started watching Indy Car in the early 90's.
    KV racing is gone as well, and unfortunately the car count was down to 21 at St. Pete.
    Next up Long Beach. Long tradition, but again, like last year no Indy Lights. I know it's a cost issue, but it's also Long Beach, so i'm disappointed not to see them.
    With the engine manufacturer extending their contract and new aerokits coming next year, I hope support will increase this year as the racing has been good last year and started off well this year.
    I would like to see a couple of new teams in the series. new motors and chassis too but that ship has sailed. At least a few of the younger generation have rides and that is nice.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover