Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Not in Sweden I'd say since there are very few children that might get disturbed in the middle of the forest by night.
    I think there used to be night stages in the Swedish rally many years ago (like during the '90s).

I think there aren't any because it would ruin the generic 08-16 time schedule that all rallies have to use. 4 stages before the lunch break and 4 after the lunch break.
    And it would also ruin the über overrated super special stages.

Personally I think that there should be at least one dark stage in the Swedish rally. Just add a 5th stage to the Friday and Saturday's
    schedule (=2x5 stages) and it would be a stage completely run in dark conditions each evening.
    This point is questionable but it might bring issues for the organization, On the other hand here in Czech republic despite having quite high population density and some villages/towns on every stage we still have a lot of night stages. Basically nearly every national championship event has one night section (usually Friday night) but when it was tried on Barum it was quite a disaster. There used to be so many spectators that it was found quite impossible to safely run natural stages at night. They still have the city stage running up until midnight though That one is so extremely guarded by the organization but still there are issues and temporary stops due to safety incidents when drunk spectators get injured by falling from some building etc.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Just wondering, they do have night time stages in Monte-Carlo, how come we don't get more night time stages? Imagine if we would have it in Sweden or Corsica or say even Finland? (not to mention Wales), wouldn't that be great?

One word: TV
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 379 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    One word: TV
    Pay the man! However, the official reason (excuse) given used to be, safety. Principally, stage evacuation times. In principle, every SS has to have an emergency helicopter landing zone adjacent to it. At night time, lack of visibility would make most of these unusable.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Personally I think that there should be at least one dark stage in the Swedish rally. Just add a 5th stage to the Friday and Saturday's
    schedule (=2x5 stages) and it would be a stage completely run in dark conditions each evening.
    Remember the 2nd run of Torsby this year? Maybe you were at the public area near the finish, but for me it was quite dark. Monte still has night stages. In Wales 2 years ago they did quite well with running 2 stages (Dyfnant and Aberhirnant) in the dark. Night stages are great, but as Mirek pointed they're difficult in terms of safety. In some events, like Portugal, Sardinia, Australia, Catalunya (when gravel) it's not a great idea because of the dust. Everyone must remember Australia 2 years ago... On tarmac and gravel like Finland it's no problem. For Finland however you need to have an extremely long day to drive in the dark... It seems like they prefer to start early in the morning instead. I remember in 2012 they did Mynnila around 9 O'Clock in the evening, it only started getting dark around the very last cars.

5. Likes: Mirek (11th March 2017),pantealex (12th March 2017)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    tommeke, no I wasn't at RS this year.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 208 Times in 109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Remember the 2nd run of Torsby this year? Maybe you were at the public area near the finish, but for me it was quite dark. .
    It was the 1st run Tommeke_B which was the last stage on Friday , i was close to the start and yes it was dark...

8. Likes: tommeke_B (11th March 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Catalunya run a few stages pretty early on the morning don't they, not essentially ''night'' but they are pretty dark

Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Catalunya run a few stages pretty early on the morning don't they, not essentially ''night'' but they are pretty dark
    They did run night time stages back in 2013.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig