Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Emyr Penlan‏*@EmyrPenlan
    Blown it! Citroen C3 gives up on SS6 Novella1 @TourdeCorseWRC. Time for a beer @krismeeke @RalioS4C @Becsywecsy #gutted #wrclive

I love this, fantastic hahah.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

2. Likes: dimviii (8th April 2017)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    And for thoose who reqested direct link on rallyradio
    Code:
    http://wrcaudio-lh.akamaihd.net/i/wrc_radio_eng_1@308396/index_128_a-p.m3u8?sd=6&rebase=on

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Breen has less WRC experience than him and both his performance and reliability are many levels above. Right now he is fighting with Sordo on tarmac!

Lets remember where both Lefebrve and Hanninen came from. End of 2015/beg. 2016 Citroen and Toyota were looking for drivers and for various reasons these were one of the few available. Both teams were also complaining about the lack of available drivers (with proven performance). VW exit changed it around a bit.

EDIT: So yes you are right that they tried to progress too quickly. Sometimes it might work (Breen) but usually it doesn't. For example Hirvonen got written off after the fail season at Subaru, then managed to get back and fight for WDC.
    That proves my point though. Breen spent longer in R5 cars in lower categories and he is now a more complete driver.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    "We did a lot of adjustments on differentials, shocks and body height compared to yesterday, and the specials were a bit different. Narrow, fairly dirty and with a lot of gravel, "Thierry Neuville told the RTBF microphone after the sixth stage.
    The Belgian driver will now be chased by the other drivers ... "We are obviously not bad compared to the others, we managed to make a difference that pleases us well, if I manage to maintain this rhythm and I think we are able to keep our position, I do not roll faster than yesterday, I was already on the limit, I tried to do the same thing today "When the car behaves well, we know how to make a difference," said the Hyundai driver.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ien?id=9575882

6. Likes: A FONDO (8th April 2017)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    And comment from ewrc:
    clint [8. 4. 12:56:34]
    Martin Koči a Lukáš Kostka oba OK , SUPER.
    Koci and co-driver are OK. Cuz I'm worring about him.

8. Likes: abxyz (8th April 2017),bf1_IRL (8th April 2017),WUff1 (8th April 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    I love this, fantastic hahah.
    I was laughing loud when saw his face at this photo.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Breen has less WRC experience than him and both his performance and reliability are many levels above. Right now he is fighting with Sordo on tarmac!

Lets remember where both Lefebrve and Hanninen came from. End of 2015/beg. 2016 Citroen and Toyota were looking for drivers and for various reasons these were one of the few available. Both teams were also complaining about the lack of available drivers (with proven performance). VW exit changed it around a bit.

EDIT: So yes you are right that they tried to progress too quickly. Sometimes it might work (Breen) but usually it doesn't. For example Hirvonen got written off after the fail season at Subaru, then managed to get back and fight for WDC.
    Don't get me wrong I will happily fight Breen's corner all day long. But I think in fairness to Lefebvre it's maybe too simplistic to simply compare the amount of WRC car starts vs Breen.

I think what Breen had was a really good grounding and experience in 4WD and in high level events before he got into a WRC car. Like Paddon, he probably wasn't the most flashy or obvious candidate for that drive - but both have succeeded because they had those foundations in place.

I completely agree with RS when he says Lefebvre was fast-tracked too much. Same thing as Camilli. That said - I think if Lefebvre was going to develop into a future champion we'd have seen more from him than this - even this early. Citroen have given him some great programmes the last few years.

I disagree with the fact that Citroen were forced into signing Lefebvre due to lack of drivers. Tidemand and Evans were both available with more experience at the time of Lefebvre signing the deal. As was Suninen who has more natural talent. I think we all know why he is in the seat.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

11. Likes: RS (8th April 2017),WUff1 (8th April 2017)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    What happened to Bergkvist?

13. Likes: aykutbilir (8th April 2017),dimviii (8th April 2017),WUff1 (8th April 2017)
    8 minutes behind wrc2 leader and crashed?

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    8 minutes behind wrc2 leader and crashed?
    I don't know but I assume he went off on the first stage of the day and dragged the car out. Got a 2min penalty but never actually started SS6. That's my guess but not sure. If so he was 3m13 back overnight. Not defending him but equally it's possibly not as bad as you imply.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

16. Likes: Rallyper (8th April 2017)