Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Warmbold View Post
    Nice to see that competition is back to normal this year with Ogier in an average car. Party is over.
    How much credit You would give to the new car regulations?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (7th April 2017)
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts
    Pretty good speed in Toyota. JM blaiming his driving... Even Juho was fast before crash. I was expecting slower times. Hope they can improve tomorrow!

4. Likes: Rally Power (7th April 2017),steve.mandzij (7th April 2017)
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I just don't think we've seen enough of the car yet to be honest. They are too much of a rare sighting at the moment to say definitively how quick.
    We probably never see that car at his best, because I heard some rumours that development has stopped and all the time is invested now in Hyundai's TCR car..

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    We probably never see that car at his best, because I heard some rumours that development has stopped and all the time is invested now in Hyundai's TCR car..
    I am not so sure. I heard that Stefan was testing Hyundai for three long days, everything was ready for him in service and then, on the last moment he decided to appear with his own team and Skoda.. hi tent is just 10 meters from Hyundai main office, very VIP position :P
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

7. Likes: Rally Power (7th April 2017)
    Liked 12,207 Times in 5,241 Posts
    Ott Tänak

It's a bit of an empty feeling to finish the day like we did because I was really enjoying the stages. But that's life. Sometime's it tough, but we will fight back!!
    We were caught out by some gravel on a long corner and got stuck on a steep bank with no chance of getting back to the stage. It's disappointing as there was basically no damage on the car, but now we need to focus on the positives.

In the past I've always struggled at this event. But this year we had a good test and worked hard on our pacenotes. The hard work seems to have paid off as we were setting good times and matching the 'Tarmac experts'.

We have to be happy with that, and we just needed a little more luck today
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts
    I don't think this has been brought up.
    https://twitter.com/davidevansrally/...646020/photo/1
    Apparently Kris had a problem with a bleeding nose before SS1. He might have drove with it bleeding.

I'm surprised at Neuville's comment about pushing as hard as he can and falling behind. After Monaco and Sweden many of us thought Hyundai had the fastest car. This is a very twisty road and it's torque not top speed that makes the difference. Does that mean Citroen has the best torque out of all the cars while Hyundai best hp? We're going to have to wait for other rallys to confirm that.
    So many plot twists this season so far. Love it. WRC hasn't been this interesting in a long time.

10. Likes: A FONDO (8th April 2017),cali (8th April 2017)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Märtin is Tanaks mentor, haven't seen any footage but I think that Ott had same kind of crash today like his mentor

https://youtu.be/BjoBJUqefzs
    you are absolutely right!
    ps onboard avalible on wrc+

Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts
    Last edited by Kris82; 7th April 2017 at 22:08. Reason: Added SS1-SS2 link

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Will Meeke be able to stay on the road? That’s the doubt that probably everyone in Corsica is having for tomorrow. Ogier and Neuville seems to be struggling to keep his pace and if the Brit manages to handle the pressure it’ll be hard for them to win this one. Breen is doing another amazing demonstration; steadily faster and a handy Citroen B plan for the podium, in case Meeke eventually decide to try a ditch. Mikkelsen is on his own class in WRC2 and besides Sarrazin one other French is doing fine: Rossel, on a DS3 backed by FFSA. He was already fast on a R3 car last year and has now moved to a R5. On the opposite sense is Solans, actual JWRC leader. He’s returning to 2wd cars after having competed on WRC2.

Btw, no doubt that Corsica’s roads are beautiful and demanding, but this long stages route just sucks!
    Rally addict since 1982

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris82 View Post
    I don't think this has been brought up.
    https://twitter.com/davidevansrally/...646020/photo/1
    Apparently Kris had a problem with a bleeding nose before SS1. He might have drove with it bleeding.
    that is not blood. Unless kris has a haematocrit of around 20.