Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Don't be unfair. Didn't you hear Sordo after SS8 saying that he's pushing like hell but times don't come out? These new cars are more demanding to tune and drive and if drivers don't feel at ease with their setup they simply can't be fast. That's precisely what happened to Neuville on first day an Ogier yesterday morning. Also it would be stupid to risk a podium just to be ahead of Ogier and overall Sordo still managed to be the best placed 2nd driver.
    It's a standard marketing talking. What do you expect to hear? If he told truth: "Yes, I do it slow, cuz now I'm a bit old for this fast stuff" - he not be a wrc driver anymore.
    From TV screen I see that Latvala push, and Sordo just cruising to the end. But maybe you are right, maybe it something that called experience. When he knew that he can't hold-on a place, and he take a safe way.I frustrated a bit because we see good battle for 4th pos, and no battle at all for 2nd.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    I am happy with the rally, so many people pretended for the podium places, we had no idea what's going to happen until the very end. And it seems to be similar in Argentina.

3. Likes: sonnybobiche (10th April 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    It's a standard marketing talking. What do you expect to hear? If he told truth: "Yes, I do it slow, cuz now I'm a bit old for this fast stuff" - he not be a wrc driver anymore.
    From TV screen I see that Latvala push, and Sordo just cruising to the end. But maybe you are right, maybe it something that called experience. When he knew that he can't hold-on a place, and he take a safe way.I frustrated a bit because we see good battle for 4th pos, and no battle at all for 2nd.
    Yep, he was 'slow' but somehow he still managed to fairly beat Latvala, Breen and Paddon overall...it's not an age issue mate, new cars simply demands harder work to get a perfect setup, vital to have max confidence. Eventually Sordo, and some others that still could be underperforming, will get it, sooner or later.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 9th April 2017 at 16:01.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Yep, he was 'slow' but somehow he still managed to fairly beat Latvala, Breen and Paddon overall...it's not an age issue mate, new cars simply demands harder work to get a perfect setup, vital to have max confidence. Eventually Sordo, and some others that still could be underperforming, will get it, sooner or later.
    You're absolutely right, in fact there was only 1 driver (in let's say top 6) feeling comfortable with his car setup all rally long, but his engine blew up. '17 tech rules are very demanding on tarmac as it seems.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (9th April 2017)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

8. Likes: A FONDO (9th April 2017),abxyz (9th April 2017),AL14 (9th April 2017),Andre Oliveira (9th April 2017),bluuford (9th April 2017),gorganl2000 (10th April 2017),KKS (9th April 2017),N.O.T (9th April 2017),pantealex (10th April 2017),sonnybobiche (10th April 2017),stefanvv (9th April 2017)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    DRIVERS’ CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

1. Sébastien Ogier - 88
    2. Jari-Matti Latvala - 75
    3. Thierry Neuville - 54
    4. Ott Tänak - 48
    5. Dani Sordo - 47
    6. Craig Breen - 33
    7. Kris Meeke - 27
    8. Hayden Paddon - 25
    9. Elfyn Evans - 20
    10. Andreas Mikkelsen - 12

MANUFACTURERS’ CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

1. M-Sport World Rally Team - 129
    2. Hyundai Motorsport - 105
    3. Toyota Gazoo Racing WRC - 79
    4. Citroen Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team - 71

After a weekend without errors again, Dani Sordo and Marc Martí get their first podium of the year in Corsica, with a great result also for the Hyundai Motorsport team that gets for the fifth time in its history to place two of its cars among the Three top finishers in a WRC event.
    Sordo thus obtained his podium number forty-one in the World Rally Championship, and the fourth in the Corsican race, adding new points in the Championship as in the first three races in Monte-Carlo, Sweden and Mexico .
    After a weekend in which Dani was coupled as the kilometers timed to the pilot of the new Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC, his objective today was to preserve the podium position he occupied at the end of the second stage, marking the second best Time in the section that started the day to only a tenth of a second of the best time in the special, Antisanti-Poggio di Nazza (53.78 kilometers), and the fourth in the Power Stage (Porto Vecchio-Palombaggia), which Brought him two extra points in the Championship standings: "The goal today was the podium, and we have achieved it. It was difficult to find good feeling during the weekend with the car and sometimes we did not understand our times, although the changes in differentials and suspensions facing the day yesterday were good and we were able to roll more comfortable, which allowed us to score three Second best times in the stages. It is a great result for us and for the team and now we must continue this way in the next ground tests, "said the Spanish driver of Hyundai Motorsport at the conclusion of the last special of the test.

http://www.danielsordo.com/noticias/...do-en-corcega/

and Astier (yep, the same that surprised everybody in MC) won again WRC3, over 1m ahead Solans, best JWRC.
    we have to mention that Astier was on Michelins.

13. Likes: steve.mandzij (9th April 2017)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Yep, he was 'slow' but somehow he still managed to fairly beat Latvala, Breen and Paddon overall...it's not an age issue mate, new cars simply demands harder work to get a perfect setup,
    Slow consistent drive.
    He have a comfortable setup, but he didn't have a speed. Same as Neuville have, but Neuville was consider about speed and try to improve it. Instead of Sordo just running as it runs. It not a fight spirit, and I didn't like it. Otherwise I'm a Sordo fan and I wish him the best