Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Formula 1 to launch F1 TV, a live Grand Prix subscription service

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...n-service.html

Formula 1 fans will get commercial-free live streams of each race with multi language commentary. In addition, the service will provide exclusive access to all 20 driver on-board cameras throughout every race session. F1 TV Pro will have unique feeds not available on any other platform with the capability of multi-level personalisation.

Subscribers will be able to choose the content they view and how and when they access it. All of practice, qualifying and races, will be offered live, along with press conferences and pre and post-race interviews. Subscribers will be able to watch live races of the main support series, the FIA Formula 2 Championship, GP3 Series and Porsche Supercup, among others.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    The most important bit:

Pricing for F1 TV Pro will be offered on a monthly basis of USD$8-$12, and annual rates will be priced according to market.
    Honestly, this is the best thing to happen to F1 in decades. Unbelievable.

will appear in nearly two dozen markets at launch (including Germany, France, USA, Mexico, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and much of Latin America).

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    The day I have to pay for the TV broadcast is the day I stop watching. I realize that pay TV in many countries that has long been the case, but my interest, especially with the new cars, has steadily been declining.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    The day I have to pay for the TV broadcast is the day I stop watching. I realize that pay TV in many countries that has long been the case, but my interest, especially with the new cars, has steadily been declining.
    Well, as a Spaniard, recently I've had to. Or rather, I've had to go to the MotorsportStreams subreddit and watch the races from there, because there's no way in hell that I'm paying €80 a month and changing my ISP just to watch F1.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    This is great as long as it does not end up being the only access to F1 in the future. There should be health competition of broadcasters offering F1. A monopoly or unfair reduction of access to existing broadcasters would definitely kill the sport.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Well, as a Spaniard, recently I've had to. Or rather, I've had to go to the MotorsportStreams subreddit and watch the races from there, because there's no way in hell that I'm paying €80 a month and changing my ISP just to watch F1.
    Why would you have to change your ISP?

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Why would you have to change your ISP?
    Because Movistar, who offer F1 in their TV, only provide TV services if you've also got your Internet connection from them.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    This is great as long as it does not end up being the only access to F1 in the future. There should be health competition of broadcasters offering F1. A monopoly or unfair reduction of access to existing broadcasters would definitely kill the sport.
    Unfortunately, in the US the over the air broadcasts have only see ratings of about 150K watching. Plus the fact that most races are shown at 8 AM Sunday in many parts of the country. Thats normal as all televised motorsports here has been in decline for some time. Even the NASCAR Juggernaut has fallen off the cliff. (Interesting because amateur motorsports is as strong or stronger than ever.)
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover