Page 141 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1426
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Hence the official event 'highlights' are mainly a collection of clips of accidents & breakdowns in an attempt to be interesting.
    Sorry, I meant the whole 45 minute event highlights video. It covered well the incidents in top 5 and gave Suninen plenty of air time, but not much more

Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    45 mins wont do justice to a WRC rally anyway. Back in the day even a national rally got an hour !

Just another sign of the WRC being dumbed-down... sprint rallies get sprint tv coverage.

3. Likes: AndyRAC (9th July 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post

To be honest all the WR drivers are extremely talented and should get decent air time. Leferve should have also received some air time considering he was the fastest Citroen and his car did not inlude any jokers... that's an interesting story by itself.
    True there were a lot of drivers that could at least get one-sentence mention. Lefevbre certainly could get mentioned for best result of the year and one of best Citroen results one rally after being dropped by the team. (should be interesting angle for brit. jurnos)

But the story about jokers is not especially interesting. The changes they did were supposed to make the car easier to control, not faster (i.e. not like they changed the engine or something). So you had Breen and Lefevbre driving a car they have been driving for half a year and testing for longer and Mikkelsen driving a "new" car where they didn't had chance to do any wet test/setup at all.
    Btw. on Sardinia Ogier's car was suppoed to have some dif. upgrade which Tanak couldn't get... and Tanak won.

Wonder how many chances Hanninen has before he's on the cutting block. Does anyone think he can recover this late in that season? Will a few podiums secure his seat for next year?
    No, too late, only thing that would save him now is 3x solid finishes (5th and up) in a row, that's something I see as virtually impossible. Lappi has been clearly faster than him in Sardinia and about same speed in Portugal, now in Poland even Suninen was faster. Not the mention 2 Citroens. Yes he had some technical issues but it's not like he was fast inbetween, for whole saturday and sunday best were 2 9th places.

It was quite a risk from Tommi in the first place, but Hanninen was available and had some wrc experience to complement Lappi and Sunninen (at that point). He will certainly let him drive rest of the rallies this year, but I do think somebody else will be signing a contract for that spot. Given what Latvala has shown with the car I totally can see better drivers than Hanninen being interested (Tanak, Mikkelsen, maybe even Ogier, + Suninen will likely be available).

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The changes they did were supposed to make the car easier to control, not faster (i.e. not like they changed the engine or something)
    easier to control=faster.

6. Likes: Rallyper (9th July 2017)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Kiwis are hardcore. Just look at the NZ rally series. They have a ton of small manufacturers sponsoring AP4 spec rally machines which are similar to R5 but a bit more open. Mazda, Toyota, Mini, Holden and a few others running that series. Entries are usually close to triple digits. Another reason why we will most likely move out of Sydney for New Zealand. They love Motorsport and they have gravel roads for days which are always open to the public for testing. Rally paradise playground! Kiwis are also the nices most respectful people I've come across in all my travels.
    A few points. The current Australian wrc round is held at Coffs Harbour which is 600? kilometres north of Sydney.
    NZ has lost some of the classic gravel road stages used in past wrc years, the roads have been tar sealed.
    I suspect the 2 day 'candidate' event planned for NZ this year is likely to have a moderate amount of touring distance between the special stages. A three day event would likely have a lengthy touring section (by comparison to most current wrc events) at some point in order to get the quality stages and stage distance and possibly require a remote refuel, service, tyre change. The candidate event is Tauranga based which has not been used since 1979 (overnight rest stop) in a wrc (previously mostly Rotorua was used in the area)
    I hope the nz motorsport officials do some more spectator education before the (and if the wrc returns) because the wrc is likely to attract new NZ spectators to the stages who have not rally spectated before. (Spectator incidents in NZ for wrc before - McRae hitting the spectator, Auriol near miss with spectator walking across the road in rain storm etc)

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    A few points. The current Australian wrc round is held at Coffs Harbour which is 600? kilometres north of Sydney.
    NZ has lost some of the classic gravel road stages used in past wrc years, the roads have been tar sealed.
    I suspect the 2 day 'candidate' event planned for NZ this year is likely to have a moderate amount of touring distance between the special stages. A three day event would likely have a lengthy touring section (by comparison to most current wrc events) at some point in order to get the quality stages and stage distance and possibly require a remote refuel, service, tyre change. The candidate event is Tauranga based which has not been used since 1979 (overnight rest stop) in a wrc (previously mostly Rotorua was used in the area)
    I hope the nz motorsport officials do some more spectator education before the (and if the wrc returns) because the wrc is likely to attract new NZ spectators to the stages who have not rally spectated before. (Spectator incidents in NZ for wrc before - McRae hitting the spectator, Auriol near miss with spectator walking across the road in rain storm etc)
    Approximate distances from Tauranga to Rotorua 55km, Coromandel 70km, Tokaroa 80km, Raglan 120km, Motu 140km. each of those areas has a number of special stage type roads available. The hub for the Raglan stages could be a lot closer to Hamilton than out on the coast and would reduce quite a bit of traveling. We were spoilt for road choice when we ran three days out of Rotorua. Tauranga is a perfect base for a NZ WRC event.

9. Likes: smokingjoe (9th July 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Ive spectated Rally Aus twice in Coffs. Its nowhere near as good as Finland, Germany, Sweden or Mexico. They need to work on better spectator areas

11. Likes: Rallyper (9th July 2017)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    another Sintra type event will not be tolerated by the FIA or the suits at other motorsport associations and their insurers.
    Insurers...

British autism intensifies....

use bogey times...

LOL

13. Likes: sonnybobiche (10th July 2017)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Poland has actual rally fans.
    Fans? You call them fans? Ok, after reading your completely retard posts it's somewhat understandable you call them fans, but listen, true rally fans NEVER risk the reputation of their beloved sport by spectating in places where these so-called fans (i.e. idiots) were standing in Poland. End of story.

15. Likes: pantealex (10th July 2017)
    Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Fans? You call them fans? Ok, after reading your completely retard posts it's somewhat understandable you call them fans, but listen, true rally fans NEVER risk the reputation of their beloved sport by spectating in places where these so-called fans (i.e. idiots) were standing in Poland. End of story.
    It's pretty much the same as in my home city Hamburg over the last few days (sorry for that comparison). 95% people are peaceful and respectful, 5% are just idiots. And these iditios let the other 95% look like they're idiots aswell. You have to be able to differentiate.
    So yes, there are real Polish fans who would never risk the reputation of our sport. But yes, you're right, there are also others (these 5% idiots) who aren't real fans at all. And the organisers HAVE TO BE ABLE to stop them (just as the police should be able to stop violent demonstrants). That's absolutely true.

17. Likes: Allez Andruet (10th July 2017),br21 (9th July 2017),Kris82 (10th July 2017),pantealex (10th July 2017),tommeke_B (9th July 2017)