Page 14 of 143 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Tomorrow it's time to pack the bags. The weather forecast seems to change very often and be different from website to website. I think I need Bluuford to be sure which weather we'll have.

Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    so rallying week again.

At the moment, if i look at different forecasts then it seems we will definitely have some rain before or even during the rally.

I looked back past 3 year results and the names who have done well here and shown good speed are Ogier, Tänak, Paddon and Mikkelsen. If it doesnt rain then Tänak is the slight favourite for me and not because the sardinia win, he was the favourite even before that and he has a really good record here. And having followed his season closely then majority of his stage wins have been on fastest stages on rallies and he has gained a lot of time in the fastest sections.

If it rains then i think Ogier will be the favourite. Latvala surprisingly doesnt have a good record here, hasnt even reached the podium in past 3 years . Same could be said about Neuville, 3rd in 2014 is his best result.

Mikkelsen has been very good every year but we dont know if he has managed to get a good setup now. i expect him to fight for the podium here. Paddon has shown very good speed in past and his starting position is very good.

Lappi is the dark horse and may surprise big time again.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: AnttiL (26th June 2017),dimviii (26th June 2017),electroliquid (26th June 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    so rallying week again. At the moment, if i look at different forecasts then it seems we will definitely have some rain before or even during the rally. I looked back past 3 year results and the names who have done well here and shown good speed are Ogier, Tänak, Paddon and Mikkelsen. If it doesnt rain then Tänak is the slight favourite for me and not because the sardinia win, he was the favourite even before that and he has a really good record here. And having followed his season closely then majority of his stage wins have been on fastest stages on rallies and he has gained a lot of time in the fastest sections.If it rains then i think Ogier will be the favourite. Latvala surprisingly doesnt have a good record here, hasnt even reached the podium in past 3 years . Same could be said about Neuville, 3rd in 2014 is his best result.Mikkelsen has been very good every year but we dont know if he has managed to get a good setup now. i expect him to fight for the podium here. Paddon has shown very good speed in past and his starting position is very good.Lappi is the dark horse and may surprise big time again.
    There is no Tanak whatsoever bias here, I'm a bit surprised. Looks like going to be good rally for Ford, especially if there is some D-Mack advantage for Evans. Let's see, hopefully no technical issues for them.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    Neuville's roll in Ypres wont do his confidence any good going into this super-fast rally. Any of the M-Sport boys could take advantage.

After watching Østberg testing I cant wait to see the fan videos from Poland. If the 2016 cars looked quick last time, the '17 cars will be insane.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    There is no Tanak whatsoever bias here, I'm a bit surprised. Looks like going to be good rally for Ford, especially if there is some D-Mack advantage for Evans. Let's see, hopefully no technical issues for them.
    I think DMack will have a disadvantage since it will probably be raining and rather cool and their soft compound is harder than Michelin's.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If someone wanted a commemorative tshirt from the Rally Poland I would be at the orlen station after the shakedown. Price 15 EU.
    18920448_1707641492870352_5813382389422525989_n.jpg
    Last edited by bociekgc8; 26th June 2017 at 23:20.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi! Could you give me advice, where is spectacular places in SS Kruklani and SS Pozezdrze? And what to choose in sunday - SS Orzysz or SS Paprotki?

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Neuville's roll in Ypres wont do his confidence any good going into this super-fast rally. Any of the M-Sport boys could take advantage.

After watching Østberg testing I cant wait to see the fan videos from Poland. If the 2016 cars looked quick last time, the '17 cars will be insane.
    Fast rallies aren't more difficult. In Baltics generally you keep 120-180kph most of the time, in 5th-6th gear (with evo9 don't even bother shifting). In Ypres OTOH there are big retardations every few hundred meters, there's no rythm to get used to, constant stress.

About the spectacle - I hope they won't brake too much for the flatout jumps they were making last year.