Page 66 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Don't know how Becs can be so happy when we just heard Craig is out from Rallye Deutschland....and how come they haven't heard of it?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (1st July 2017)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Sounds like Citroen didnt like Breen's comments yesterday about being scared of crashing their wayward car...

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts

5. Likes: AL14 (1st July 2017),AnttiL (1st July 2017),dimviii (1st July 2017),itix (1st July 2017),JUF (1st July 2017),TWRC (1st July 2017)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Sounds like Citroen didnt like Breen's comments yesterday about being scared of crashing their wayward car...
    Sounds like Citroen are trying to silence the truth (which is- the car is horrendous) and their drivers are paying for it, honestly how come Matton hasn't been sacked yet?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

7. Likes: Zeropt (1st July 2017)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Sounds like Citroen are trying to silence the truth (which is- the car is horrendous) and their drivers are paying for it, honestly how come Matton hasn't been sacked yet?
    I disagree. Matton has had many fantastic seasons. Just because of half a failed season you don't sack the head. If the failure is not corrected for next season though, that is when the question should be raised. It's a new season for everyone.

Kneejerk reactions never solved anything.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Reports were that the front splitter had broken and had lifted above the bonnet somehow. So certainly some front end damage beyond the puncture.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I disagree. Matton has had many fantastic seasons. Just because of half a failed season you don't sack the head. If the failure is not corrected for next season though, that is when the question should be raised. It's a new season for everyone.

Kneejerk reactions never solved anything.
    Matton has had 5 seasons (not counting the part competing in 2016) - the first was the Loeb finale, nothing to do with Matton. Since then he has chosen so so drivers or failed to back the right horse. I'd say he's been an absolute failure, even given the financial and technical superiority of VW.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

11. Likes: JUF (1st July 2017),macebig (1st July 2017),Zeropt (1st July 2017)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Matton has had 5 seasons (not counting the part competing in 2016) - the first was the Loeb finale, nothing to do with Matton. Since then he has chosen so so drivers or failed to back the right horse. I'd say he's been an absolute failure, even given the financial and technical superiority of VW.
    He inherited the Ogier situation from Quesnel (I think) and after that there wasn't much choice other than maybe Tänak or Neuville that really could have made an impact. We all would probably have chosen Hirvonen since he was Loebs closest challenger for ages. Meeke seemed a pretty clear choice as well and there were plenty of people here upset that he didn't have a drive. After last season we all would have extended his contract as well, I'm sure.

In my opinion, blaming Matton is a bit ham handed.

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Juho start to lose time on every stage

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    after that there wasn't much choice other than maybe Tänak or Neuville that really could have made an impact. We all would probably have chosen Hirvonen. Meeke seemed a pretty clear choice as well

In my opinion, blaming Matton is a bit ham handed.
    He had Neuville and let him go. It was apparent very quickly that Hirvonen had lost his mojo. Meeke has been chosen as the best bet available (given Tanak was an unknown quantity) but always seems not to be given full backing (which he defintely needs to perform well). Sorry these are all Matton decisions. The only excuse I'll make for him is the diversion of money for the WTCC Loeb vanity project.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

15. Likes: A FONDO (1st July 2017)