Page 44 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I don't know if they are waiting for a carnage before dropping this event...
    It's even wet today, there is no grip. They are just crazy, really.

Michelle Mutton should try to stop the event at least for today before it is too late.

2. Likes: Zeakiwi (30th June 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    Another tense rally so far. I'm nominating Latvala for driver of the year up until now. He's doing far better than I expected in that tiny Toyota. Doing well in real driver's rallies, thriving in these difficult conditions and just picking up the points. With a bit of luck, now and in Finland, he might really join the battle for the championship. That's something I never imagined before this season.

In a month I'll be in Finland. Hoping for better weather then.
    Agree he has done very well. Mostly impressed by the fact that he is able to drive at less than flat-out speed when needed.

So far in Poland all Toyotas are (were for Lappi) doing very well considering their respective road positions. Maybe larger aero grip than other cars is a factor when mechanical grip is low.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post
    On most of the videos spectator safety is again horrible.
    It truly is. This rally definitely doesn't deserve to be in WRC calender if the spectator control is at this level.

5. Likes: Rally Power (30th June 2017)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    I think it is unfair to the driver crews(drivers/ co-drivers) to have to drive flat out with the spectators positioned in unsafe places. Especially after Paddon's accident at Monte Carlo - people were standing in silly places the next day as well.
    If the drivers make it safely to the end of the leg they might consider what can be done. (e.g driver meeting like in Portugal '86 or Sweden 2016?) or ask the organisers to get some loud sirens on the zero car to frighten people back before the cars arrive. Don't want a repeat of some car vs spectator rally accidents that have happened in recent years.

Liked 479 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    Crazy, have seen a few other examples of poor spectator control, even on the SD stage, crowds standing on the outside of fast corners and, like above, standing near where cars are landing from a jump.
    Same spot - https://twitter.com/EpicRallyTribe/s...78508338569216

Nothing has changed... I was there in 2014, when jump was in reverse direction. Spectator zone was behind road sign, marshals followed no to allow cross the plastic fence but they were absolutely irrelevant about fans who were standing 20m further in top of the jump. (I was one of them, yes. Unforgettable feelings when cars flew away in distance of hand. But very uncomfortable and anxious in same time... I get what I wanted then but to to do it once more - never ever again, believe me). Waiting for safety cars I was camouflaging in ditches predicting that fans will be thrown out of there - it didn't happen, the car doesn't even stop.
    I still can't understand where is problem for rally organizers to spot places like this and make it safe...

Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    Another tense rally so far. I'm nominating Latvala for driver of the year up until now. He's doing far better than I expected in that tiny Toyota. Doing well in real driver's rallies, thriving in these difficult conditions and just picking up the points. With a bit of luck, now and in Finland, he might really join the battle for the championship. That's something I never imagined before this season.
    And that´s why I hope that Ogier and Latvala will not become teammates again.

9. Likes: KKS (30th June 2017),steve.mandzij (30th June 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    And that´s why I hope that Ogier and Latvala will not become teammates again.
    I think you are on safe ground in hoping that! Ogier will always insist on No1 status and JML won't risk his fragile psyche again!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

I've just seen SS2 onboard and I'm wondering how is it possible that they have canceled a completely safe stage in Sweden because there wasn't enough bales and they are going on with this one on wet surface.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    here we go, SS6 cancelled
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    here we go, SS6 cancelled
    Lol, they read me!

14. Likes: cali (30th June 2017),tc10a (30th June 2017)