Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testing 2017

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I read a note from someone who sat at the final corner for a while who noticed Massa wasn't using DRS at all , so , while looking pretty good from a distance , was maybe looking far better from up close .

This is early testing , but , with the new formula , almost anything could happen .

Hell , Taz man , Honda could be experiencing the only problems they'll have for the whole year .

Ok , that was a stretch , but at least they are partly orange now .
    That's good , isn't it ?
    Your boy has really crashed into F1!
    Felipe baby!
    Cheers mate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZWz...ature=youtu.be
    `
    May the forza be with you

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Your boy has really crashed into F1!
    Felipe baby!
    Cheers mate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZWz...ature=youtu.be
    `
    Yeah , Taz , dat Canuck is a little hard on equipment .
    But , ol' Hammy came out to defend him , saying these things are not easy to drive , and any rookie would be likely to struggle .

That said , though , even daddy's money can't buy him another when there's only one front wing .

Of course , though , what were they doing with only one ?
    You'd think they'd maybe be either prepared for at least a minor wobble over the curbs with an extra the same , or have another configuration of it to test during the session .
    It seems like a pretty primary , and often busted piece , so likely a smart one to have on hand for replacement .

You think Lonso gonna Hondo Lanco , or will he get Willied ?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Yeah , Taz , dat Canuck is a little hard on equipment .
    But , ol' Hammy came out to defend him , saying these things are not easy to drive , and any rookie would be likely to struggle .

That said , though , even daddy's money can't buy him another when there's only one front wing .

Of course , though , what were they doing with only one ?
    You'd think they'd maybe be either prepared for at least a minor wobble over the curbs with an extra the same , or have another configuration of it to test during the session .
    It seems like a pretty primary , and often busted piece , so likely a smart one to have on hand for replacement .

When you go to pre season testing with a new car you always have to "wing" it.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    When you go to pre season testing with a new car you always have to "wing" it.
    Ew , that was bad , Starter .

Either spells confidence in a number of ways , or speaks loudly that they are behind .
    Only one configuration does say they are happy with the design , but only if there aren't four more back at the factory unfinished .

Having only one could be looked at as more embarrassing than having your rookie bust it up , especially when they kinda knew they would be running a rookie out there .

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Yeah , Taz ,
    Hard to say bro, but I think that the Willie will be ahead of McLaren going to Australia, but will be overtaken with development during the season:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfqCn9AjDtk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    I'm going to wait and see just how much Mercedes are sandbagging. I'd really like to see 3 or 4 cars in the running for the WDC and manufacturers titles for a change. I suspect that might not happen this year, but I remain hopeful!

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Another power unit change for McLaren. Good job there are no engine penalties in testing!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I think this year will be closer but have Ferrari really made a possible Merc challenging leap forward? I still think Merc will have a fair bit in reserve and we haven't really seen the best of Red Bull either.

A 3 team battle for the championship would be nice but when was the last time that happened?

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    A two or three way battle for the championship, and looks as it there is a possibility of that happening in 2017. Hamilton already is saying so far that Ferrari is ahead during testing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...te-for-f1-2017

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Massa clocked up 168 laps yesterday, including the fastest lap of the day. I guess the old guy is not quite ready to draw his pension yet.

11. Likes: Mia 01 (8th March 2017)