Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

Future team structure in WRC

FIA is looking into a new teamstructure, ala MotoGP.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...or-wrc-876831/

I really like that they see that the championship is to dependent on a few manufacturers, and if two quits, that could be the end of WRC.

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    I don't think the team structure is the problem in this case. It's the homologation.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

3. Likes: electroliquid (25th February 2017),Rally Power (26th February 2017),smokingjoe (25th February 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I think it's good to see the FIA recognise this. And I think the whole thing clearly does have to include the homologation process - but that almost seems like a separate larger debate.

Two rallies into the season I think this is basically an admission from the FIA that they shouldn't have mandated all 2017 cars be run by a manufacturer. For that reason we are left with the stupid situation of WRC TV/media/drivers referencing the OneBet JipoCar WRT. But all entry lists citing M-Sport.

It's stupid, and what's more it was clear that the FIA were always going to bend on things like that to allow more cars in, outside of 'pure' manufacturer entries. So why bring in the rule in the first place?

I think the decision of VW to not run a single customer car for four years - then to turn around and try to force through their own faux 'customer' effort probably set off alarm bells for the FIA. Manufacturers will only support customers when it suits them. Nothing either from Hyundai, at WRC level at least.

But the whole thing comes off the back of the teams effectively being forced into running three full season cars. Something they clearly weren't all ready for. You have to wonder whether there is really a plan here...

Finally, although I doubt you'll ever see WRC top brass mention it, they know WRX is leading the way here with a mix of manufacturers, independents and customer cars - all competitive.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    why does this need it's own thread ??

had the car been homologated either as a VW or re-badged as a Skoda, then it could have run. IMHO, this dead -duck has already rotted into the environment, and it's time to carry on.......... unfortunately without this car, or Mikkelson.
    the artist formally known as "smokin'joe"

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smokingjoe View Post
    why does this need it's own thread ??

had the car been homologated either as a VW or re-badged as a Skoda, then it could have run. IMHO, this dead -duck has already rotted into the environment, and it's time to carry on.......... unfortunately without this car, or Mikkelson.
    Mikkelsen*

You can't just rebadge a car.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Can you explain me this news in details guys? How does it works in motogp exactly? Is this a bad or good idea according to you?

I didn't understand completely well from the article and I don't follow much motogp.

Thanks

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    My most simplistic translation is "make it more beneficial for Manu teams to support similar to M-sport teams".

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Most manufacturer teams in MotoGP have one satellite team that are offered support at varying levels.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Thanks!

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Isn't it possibilities for the satelite teams to make unique technical solutions? I remember something rules like that some years ago in motoGP, probably not like that anymore?
    And not alowed in WRC for sure

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport