Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Don't really know why Merc don't have one but I bet after testing they either do have one or other teams find cross wind an issue and don't have theirs.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Newey told Ted the fins stabilise the car in the corners and in a sidewind, like a weathervane effect. Nothing to do with getting better flow to the rear wing.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Don't really know why Merc don't have one but I bet after testing they either do have one or other teams find cross wind an issue and don't have theirs.
    It took all of half a day, Mercedes ran a fin in the afternoon.

It was interesting hearing Adrian Newey talking about it on Sky last night, he described it as fairly crude device to help rear stability under braking and corner entry, akin to the tail fin of an aircraft, or the big fin behind the centre of gravity on a weather vane.
    He also said the "nostril" on the front of the Red Bull is an effort to regain some of the benefit of a high nose while complying with the low-nose rules, and it complies with the rules in the same way the Force India nose holes did last year.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Haas's milky gray is stunning under direct sunlight

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Yeah Haas has got a very nice livery this year:

May the forza be with you

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    For the most part, some great looking cars this year. The wider rubber is a plus as well. Even the Force India bump can be overlooked if they remain quick.

I'm not at all a fan of the shark fins on any of the cars. Just funky if you ask me. But we will see who keeps them and who junks them... fast isn't always pretty.

The detail on that Mclaren front wing is amazing. At least Fred will know that the slow car looks fast!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Really looking forward to the knew season start in just over two weeks time. The winter breaks don't seem as long and agonising as they used to be with the longer seasons continuing further on into the year.

The new cars look really fast. This week in particular is going to be very interesting to see what speeds they reach but I'd suspect there could be 2-3 seconds drop in lap time at least. Mercedes is bringing an entirely new aerodynamic package to the test.

At the moment, it looks as though Mercedes are still the team to beat. Hard to say about Ferrari where they are, they look fast but they looked fast last year as well. As for RBR, not much showing yet but they never top the times in preseason anyway. I doubt Renaults 0.3 seconds over the winter will be enough to close the gap to Mercedes overall but I'd suspect Mercedes, RBR and Ferrari will all be vying for race wins throughout the year based on what we've seen so far. Probably, when the gauntlet is laid down in Oz qualifying, it'll be between Mercedes and Ferrari but RBR close behind. But, much the same as last year, I'd suspect Ferrari will tailor off as the season progresses.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Newey told Ted the fins stabilise the car in the corners and in a sidewind, like a weathervane effect. Nothing to do with getting better flow to the rear wing.
    Porsche 956 had slab sides and two fins for precisely the same reason in 1982.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Not sure if this is an early April Fool's prank, but apparently Force India have a new sponsor and look for their 2017 campaign:

http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/sah...-agreement-bwt
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    The new Force India livery is just so adorable

11. Likes: truefan72 (14th March 2017)