Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Volunteering in Motorsport

I apologize if this topic is unrelated to this thread.

Is anyone looking for a volunteer in a team or race track? I am currently in the USA, Hawaii state and willing to relocate. My motorsport interest is in Rallycross, Le Mans, Touring, Indy. I am willing to expand to another motorsport as well.

An abstract of my background, I have graduated with computer engineering and spend 2~3 years in FSAE. I spent most of my time working on the electrical parts of the car.

I can elaborate more if needed,

Thank you for your time,

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgy View Post
    I apologize if this topic is unrelated to this thread.

Is anyone looking for a volunteer in a team or race track? I am currently in the USA, Hawaii state and willing to relocate. My motorsport interest is in Rallycross, Le Mans, Touring, Indy. I am willing to expand to another motorsport as well.

An abstract of my background, I have graduated with computer engineering and spend 2~3 years in FSAE. I spent most of my time working on the electrical parts of the car.

I can elaborate more if needed,

Thank you for your time,
    In the USA your best bet is the Sports Car Club of America. www.scca.com
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

3. Likes: mgy (8th March 2017)
    Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Have you tried the old-fashioned way? Get a yearbook which has the addresses of all the teams and write to each of them saying what you have to offer them - after all they don't give a toss what you want from them.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

5. Likes: mgy (8th March 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Everyone is looking for a volunteer. Speak to a local motor club (if there is one)
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

7. Likes: mgy (8th March 2017)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    In the USA your best bet is the Sports Car Club of America. www.scca.com
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type View Post
    Have you tried the old-fashioned way? Get a yearbook which has the addresses of all the teams and write to each of them saying what you have to offer them - after all they don't give a toss what you want from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Everyone is looking for a volunteer. Speak to a local motor club (if there is one)

I thought about what you guys are mentioning and apply these suggesstion outside of Hawaii while volunteer in SCCA Hawaii for my duration of my stay in Hawaii. My problem with my local club is that because we don't have a race track there are a lot of "red tape" regarding setting up events. I came across this issue during my FSAE years so I thought about looking for opportunities outside of Hawaii as I am planning to move out of the islands.

I am currently applying suggestions from Starter. D-type, and yourself and see what are my options outside of Hawaii. For the time being I'll keep looking.

Thank you all for pitching in. It is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by mgy; 8th March 2017 at 06:08.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    There is red tape regardless. Very few clubs in the UK own a track, they hire from others. There should be other types of motorsport though, but I'm not that familiar with the sport on that side of the atlantic
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.