Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 41 Times in 11 Posts

RallyRacc Catalunya 2017

I know it's very early, but would anyone know if Salou will be base for this year's Rally Catalunya? Or any other info about the route? Having in mind that part of our group is not keen on rally, would you recommend Salou, Tarragona, Cambrils or some other place for our base? This year will be our first time in Rally Catalunya, thank you for any info and recommendations you may have.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Salou it will be - If you want bars and buzz then stay in Salou, Cambrils is quieter. Tarragona is just a bit inconvenient. I've stayed outside of Salou twice - the road network is very good.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Salou it will be - If you want bars and buzz then stay in Salou, Cambrils is quieter. Tarragona is just a bit inconvenient. I've stayed outside of Salou twice - the road network is very good.
    We will be there also this year, also first time Spain rally.

Liked 484 Times in 248 Posts
    Completely OT, but just noticed that Google Maps' satellite images of Port Adventura car park is actually when the service park was set up last year.
    aka Rodger Davies

Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Completely OT, but just noticed that Google Maps' satellite images of Port Adventura car park is actually when the service park was set up last year.
    As it has been for many years. Shot from 2012 when everyone was ignoring the VW-Skoda area - Only SWRC and little matter!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/...7631988108449/

Must have been updated since, it has the huge Hyundai behemoth 'tent' now too.
    aka Rodger Davies

Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Must have been updated since, it has the huge Hyundai behemoth 'tent' now too.
    No still the same area - Hyundai's mobile car showroom is just a travelling visitor (shoehorned in) the same as any other team. The space is exactly the same as it has been since I first went in 2009 with WRC teams in one area (with the standard no go zone in front of their bays) and all other competitors in an area separated from the main circus (and outlets). Excellent access all round though. One pedestrian route in and out to the service park, and very much a rubber-necking freebie for the locals during the competition evenings, best to go during the day of shakedown.

Aye, I've been before, it's a nice and easy one to access, very close to the town centre - got a hotel booked for this year already.

I didn't realise Hyundai showed off things there before 2014 though; interesting information as always! Cheers
    aka Rodger Davies

Sorry we are at cross porpoises - Hyundai weren't there before 2014 just the teams competing in any particular year. What I meant was that the layout and location are largely repeated every year. I would have liked to be there again this year but think that's when I'll be on Honeymoon!

10. Likes: dodge33cymru (16th February 2017)
    Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Anybody any advice on car rental for the rally, from Barcelona airport?