Page 5 of 132 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Look at his face at SSS1 at Portugal! He already knew that Mikkelsen will be on C3. And I guess that something decided more behind closed doors and Meeke knew that too.
    I'm pretty sure they decided it after the disastrous Rally Portugal of Lefebvre. He was the slowest works WRC on every forest stage (not counting technical problems, punctures, crashes of others etc) and still the first to crash his car. At least Meeke was leading the rally before crashing out.

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (23rd May 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Well this will make the trip extra interesting - has there ever been as many possible winners of a WRC event since before GP B?
    1 space still available with our gang - 6-13 June, staying at Porto Torres.
    I think this could finally be the Tanak win location!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Yves Matton, Citroën Racing Team Principal
    This is not a sanction of any kind, nor does it call into question our investment in the young drivers. The decision is merely intended to maximise Citroën's chances. Stéphane accepted that it was necessary to put the team first in this case; he will still be in Sardinia to take part in recce and will then be competing at Rally Poland." Andreas Mikkelsen "It's an open secret that I have been looking for a solution to keep competing in the top category of the WRC since the end of the 2016 season. I'm therefore very happy to be joining the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT at Rally Italia Sardegna. Citroën has an impressive competitive record in the WRC and I'm delighted to be able to work with a team like this.
    Well, a bit suprise (or is it a sign) there's not even a DS3 WRC or a R5 for Lefebvre in Sardinia. I think with Poland and Finland comming up Mikkelsen will stay with Citroën. Or he must have a big accident in the first stage, than there's a escape for Citroën to hire him for more rallies this year. But in the end i think, for sure with a eye on 2018, Mikkelsen is the best option besides Meeke and Breen, than they have a very competitive team.

5. Likes: KKS (23rd May 2017),nafpaktos (23rd May 2017),TWRC (23rd May 2017),WUff1 (23rd May 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    1 space still available with our gang - 6-13 June, staying at Porto Torres.
    Aaargh I'd really love to do Sardinia. It just falls too close to Le Mans and it's a stretch to book it off work.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Aaargh I'd really love to do Sardinia. It just falls too close to Le Mans and it's a stretch to book it off work.
    Never mind I'll post lots of pics (mwaa ha ha).
    Nothing next year for me as getting married so spare cash will be honeymoon allocated!

8. Likes: Simmi (23rd May 2017)
    Liked 16,091 Times in 6,982 Posts
    interesting (nice) news!!
    Lets see how Mikkelsen will drive.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    first stages are at 7:30 I'm not more in the age to sleep that few time!

Jesus christ... First passes will not be anyone

Only way to see Monte Di Ala and Monte Lerno is to take the road from Budduso to near the wind farm and walk about 5km into M Di A stage where the 2 stages are 500 metres apart - should be able to see the first 12 cars on SS 11 /14 then all the field at SS 12 /15. Does mean missing Coiluna though. At least we won't be on the stages until 2100 hrs this year!

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    I think we did that a few years ago, was not a bad day but not the best part of stages around that area. Some nice cateringstand of a local guy with cold drinks and nice food though.

Quote Originally Posted by MartijnS View Post
    I think we did that a few years ago, was not a bad day but not the best part of stages around that area. Some nice cateringstand of a local guy with cold drinks and nice food though.
    Cheers for that - we enjoyed the catering at the big jump on Coiluna in 2015 so maybe morning on the mountain then Coiluna in the afternoon.