Page 82 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    If he was driving at Mikkelson pace he'd be sacked. If he drove at the limitation of the car, maybe where Breen is at, people would be questioning his ability. Ive watched the video and seen the images and the fact is the rear of the car steps out of line on a flat rh corner while following the clean line of drivers infront. Its not as if he was over committing. If an accident can happen on that corner.. then it can happen on 100 others every day.
    First it's Mikkelsen not Mikkelson.

Meeke is pushing harder than the car can go because he has such nature. I don't blame him for trying to fight. He has always been like that. The point that he doesn't help his team in solving the issue stays though.

Look at Ogier. Is he happy with the Fiesta every time? I dare to say no. But he is able to bring it home everytime and make it better step by step. He knows well that rolling the car in the middle of first day would hardly help him getting better one next time.

On the other hand Citroën has in the team three drivers who are all well known for their flamboyant driving. That is in my eyes a sort of management failure because they need somebody like Sordo who is able to get the car to the finish no matter what. In the past Citroën cars were developed with drivers like Bugalski, Loeb or Bouffier who are of different kind than Meeke or Breen.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: EstWRC (10th June 2017),mknight (10th June 2017),René (10th June 2017),steve.mandzij (10th June 2017),TWRC (10th June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Autosport:
    'It was no flash-in-the-pan, no running-order miracle. The speed was coming from the C3 working very well on gravel, where the WRC spends five of its next six rounds.'
    This sounds really cynical in hindsight. Shame on me for chuckling quite a while on it.

It seems the stars aligned for the C3 in Mexico. Whatever the problem is with that car they were able to temporarily get rid of it there, maybe by accident and now they can't reproduce it or it simply hasn't worked on the other rallies.

It's weird how Breen kept praising the car in Portugal and now it's all down the drain again. Really, really weird.
    Last edited by Watson; 10th June 2017 at 12:15.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    If the C3 is that bad on gravel how did Meeke win in Mexico ?
    I remember the first stage was a complete chaos with mechanical failures, the only one who didn't have a overheating car was Meeke. He basically won the rally on that stage.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

6. Likes: Petrolhead (10th June 2017)
    Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    I have to say I have also watched the onboard, and I don't think Meeke did much wrong. From the very start of the stage the car looks like its trying to get away from him from the rear. In fact it has looked like that pretty much all season, except Corsica. If you watch he is always trying to open the steering angle to stop it getting away from him. His Monte crash in my opinion was because he carried a bit too much speed and just couldn't trust the car to throw some lock in to try and save it, and ran out of road on the outside.
    I also don't agree that just driving round slow is telling his engineers anything at all, just a waste of money. Better to go the speed you need to and work out whats wrong.
    Incidentally watching Lappi, Ostberg and Paddon (the three fastest) through the same stage, all of those cars look way more stable than the Citroen, especially the Ford and Toyota. All 4 drivers make a small lift in the same place, and the Citroen pitches Meeke in bank.

8. Likes: KKS (10th June 2017)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    When did he say that?
    After SS 7 and 8. Hard to hear on the other stages because of the bad audio.

Also Mexico is a much less rough rally than Sardinia at least on the wide roads.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

10. Likes: Mirek (10th June 2017)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    #Tyre info - Day 2 afternoon
    Mikkelsen/Neuville/Paddon/Ogier: 6 Michelin LTX Force H4
    Breen/Tanaak/Sordo/Toyota: 5H

Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A FONDO View Post
    Let him clean the road for two days and he will be down the drain as usual.
    Down the drain as usual? Wow. What colour is the sky of the world you live in?

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Do You believe overdriving a slow car until the point of uncontrolled accident is a good thing? The car may be bad but pushing it into a big crash everytime is a pure gamble. Moreover a gamble which helps nothing.
    I belive noone know where that point. It's not a road car that if you not confident - drive slowly. It's a rally, and Meeke risking drive stage fast and sometimes that "point" come on very low speeds in flat corners.