Page 9 of 132 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    is anyone else wondering what is happening with the pickems results of the last 2 rally? or am i just the only one?

very hard to predict top 5 of each rallys now

My faith is on Tanak still, as said above he really needs to get a win soon otherwise...
    Dupanton will come through but as I know keeping on top of Pickems is hard. Just keep going and wait for the summer break!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    I'll start by listing those that I don't think will win:

Meeke - didn't drive last year, bad record from previous years, has relatively careless driving which is a problem on these kind of roads
    Ogier - road cleaning likely to cost him too much on first day
    Mikkelsen - too little time in car, bad record in Sardinia
    Paddon - bit off the pace this year after Monte, still didn't have a consistent run

Neutral:
    Tanak - good record in Sardinia and good road position, however, likely disadvantaged by diff/setup (ref. comments to est. media)

That leaves Neuville and Latvala as win candidates.

Off course with this tight season almost anything can happen. Kept out DMACK cause Portugal worked as a reality check, Argentina was quite cold gravel rally.
    Last edited by mknight; 3rd June 2017 at 16:37.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I'd say wait for the following faster rallies for possible Tänak or Paddon win, Sardinia is a technical rally which will be taken by the leading trio, who have a lot of experience from the rally, and who know when to watch out and when to go flat out.

4. Likes: A FONDO (4th June 2017)
    Does anyone get the feeling that marshals will try to prevent anyone accessing any opart of a stage that isn't a spectator zone?

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Yes. For sure. It happens in Sweden and in Finland all the time. But I use to keep walking, in Finland saying "Ei Suomalainen" ...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: pantealex (5th June 2017),sonnybobiche (11th June 2017),tommeke_B (4th June 2017)
    ATM the weather forecast is all dry and quite hot for the weekend

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Does anyone get the feeling that marshals will try to prevent anyone accessing any opart of a stage that isn't a spectator zone?
    Are you talking about one event in particular? Personally I haven't seen safety measures becoming much more strict during the last 10 years, sometimes it's even the opposite. On some events like Sweden and Sardinia marshalls seem to trust that people have some common sense. On other events like Finland, you must "get off the road" even nearly an hour before the stage starts. In Germany (and the almost forgotten France-Alsace) it's true that pretty much every place apart from public areas is forbidden to be, that's the main reason why I'm not visiting the German round anymore, despite it's only a 3-and-a-half hour drive.

10. Likes: sonnybobiche (11th June 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Are you talking about one event in particular? Personally I haven't seen safety measures becoming much more strict during the last 10 years, sometimes it's even the opposite. On some events like Sweden and Sardinia marshalls seem to trust that people have some common sense. On other events like Finland, you must "get off the road" even nearly an hour before the stage starts. In Germany (and the almost forgotten France-Alsace) it's true that pretty much every place apart from public areas is forbidden to be, that's the main reason why I'm not visiting the German round anymore, despite it's only a 3-and-a-half hour drive.
    Sorry guys I mistakenly posted this query in Crystal Ball Time when it should have been in the Rally d'Italia thread.
    Movement to Sardinia thread at Synday 1306 CET!!!
    Last edited by Mintexmemory; 4th June 2017 at 11:56.

CITROËN DRIVERS KRIS MEEKE AND CRAIG BREEN HAVE WELCOMED THE ARRIVAL OF ANDREAS MIKKELSEN AS THE MANUFACTURER SEEKS TO GET ITS CHAMPIONSHIP CHALLENGE BACK ON TRACK.
    The former Volkswagen star has been drafted into the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi squad for Rally Italia Sardegna (8-11 June) in a bid to turn around a miserable first half of the season.

Team-leader Meeke won the WRC's third round in Mexico, but has failed to score any points from the last three rallies. The Northern Irishman said he was "fully focused on getting back onto the positive trend" in Sardinia and had high hopes for Mikkelsen's arrival.

"I think it's a good thing to have Andreas in the team. He brings valuable experience and he has the potential to win rallies. We'll work together to ensure Citroën wins," he said.

Seventh in the drivers' standings, Breen is the team's highest ranked driver. "I'd like to say welcome to Andreas; we don't know each other very well at the moment, but I'm looking forward to working with him!" he said.

The arrival of Mikkelsen and co-driver Anders Jæger in the team has been one the most talked-about developments ahead of the rally.

But team boss Yves Matton warned against expecting too much from his new recruit, who drove the C3 WRC for one day in the south of France last week.

"Obviously, the fact that Andreas is competing at this event for us has caused a lot of excitement and expectation. But after just one day of testing, it is impossible for him to know the C3 WRC inside out. He will therefore be free to race according to his feeling in the car and adapt his pace accordingly," Matton explained.

"We have decided to keep the same modest goals for this rally: we have asked our crews to ensure two cars to finish in the top five."
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/may-2...3--12-12-.html

Liked 27 Times in 10 Posts
    Is there an historic or national rally running after the wrc as last year?