Page 128 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1313
  1. #1271
    Senior Member Mintexmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,712
    Like
    365
    Liked 562 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Little clip of Lappi hitting the drone.

    https://www.facebook.com/rallyemag/v...5461658779973/

    Definitely the drone operators must understand how dangerous can be their toy for both the drivers and the spectators.
    I like drones view and I think they should operate at WRC events but that's not stuff for irresponsible people.

    And I don't want to think that it wasn't a professional operator and that normal people are allowed to use them in crowded places...
    Greetings from PortoTorres (back after beach day at Castelsardo).Definitely saw unauthorized drone use in Terranova! However that was used responsibly compared to the authorized idiot at Micky's jump. After showing off prior to the cars arriving he had the bloody thing hovering in every photographer's shot line. Just hope he didn't have the drone insured!
    Kris Meeke on Fire -VW so terrified they quit!

  2. Likes: AL14 (12th June 2017)
  3. #1272
    Senior Member BigWorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    544
    Like
    117
    Liked 220 Times in 135 Posts
    Any videos of Paddon's last crash? Reported it was the same situation as the first but worse, wasn't it?

  4. #1273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    16,916
    Like
    4,754
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,203 Posts
    only incar at previous pages

  5. #1274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,443
    Like
    443
    Liked 981 Times in 438 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Any videos of Paddon's last crash? Reported it was the same situation as the first but worse, wasn't it?
    It's on here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsp...italy-sardegna
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

  6. #1275
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,135
    Like
    1,472
    Liked 1,506 Times in 659 Posts
    so what's happening to Paddon? Just a difficult moment? no feeling with the car? Unluck? He has problems entering corners? A bit of all of this?

    I really am Sorry for him. he is very committed, works very hard, It hurted me not too see him at the start of Monti di Ala

    Inviato dal mio HUAWEI G7-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

  7. #1276
    Senior Member BigWorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    544
    Like
    117
    Liked 220 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    Nasty impact there, the high speed is almost stopped instantly. Amazing if no injuries were sustained.

  8. #1277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    244
    Like
    0
    Liked 143 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    so what's happening to Paddon? Just a difficult moment? no feeling with the car? Unluck? He has problems entering corners? A bit of all of this?

    I really am Sorry for him. he is very committed, works very hard [...]
    I think we and especially he has to look at this rally isolated from the rest of the season. He has been struggling since the Monte incident, recently his form is clearly pointing upwards.

    The first accident was just a momentary lapse of concentration. The second was either a result of frustration or him trying to win the power stage (which makes sense given his pace was blistering all weekend combined with the fact he had nothing to lose anymore).

    In the context of the whole season it looks like a nightmare, if you look at just this rally it is not so bad. Tanak and Latvala were chasing him down, so it made sense to keep on pushing on Saturday to take the heat out of Sunday and it went wrong - that's rallying.

  9. #1278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    666
    Like
    86
    Liked 381 Times in 214 Posts
    The second off happened on the stage before PS. If anything he should have driven slowly to save tires.

    On Monte the off wasn't really big and if it wasn't for the circumstances he could have prbly easily gotten to service with small timeloss.
    Sweden was ok given what happened on Monte.
    Mexico was again ok, technical issues.
    Corsica confirms he still is not there on tarmac - this tbh might be one of the main issues as a factory driver these days can't imo afford to be very weak on tarmac. He should really focus on that, drive some other rallies/series/gokart w/e when possible.
    Argentina was a stupid small mistake, very similar to both off on Sardinia. Still struggling with the car even when it worked.
    Portugal good, again technical issues

    Yes altogether it doesn't look so bad. BUT when you compare it with last year vs Sordo and with the fact that Hyundai was most likely the best car most of this season it suddenly does not look that good.

    Also they do seem to have some serious issues between him and Neuville. I noticed something last year as well but it doesn't look like it got any better. Whatever the reason is, if Hyundai should pick one it will be Neuville the way it is now.
    Slightly worrying all of that. He did very well last year in Poland and will have good starting position so a podium should definitely be possible.
    Last edited by mknight; 12th June 2017 at 23:48.

  10. Likes: steve.mandzij (12th June 2017)
  11. #1279
    Senior Member GravelBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    286
    Like
    239
    Liked 292 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Argentina was a stupid small mistake, very similar to both off on Sardinia.
    Quite different wasn't it, I don't know if you could even call the Argentina roll a mistake - he was on the right line, in the middle of the road and the car just somehow caught a rut at low speed and slowly tipped over. Ogier would have blamed it on road position.

    In general I agree though, he's had probably 3 small but consequential mistakes this season and everything else has been due to technical problems.

  12. Likes: steve.mandzij (13th June 2017)
  13. #1280
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    174
    Like
    76
    Liked 106 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The second off happened on the stage before PS. If anything he should have driven slowly to save tires.

    On Monte the off wasn't really big and if it wasn't for the circumstances he could have prbly easily gotten to service with small timeloss.
    Sweden was ok given what happened on Monte.
    Mexico was again ok, technical issues.
    Corsica confirms he still is not there on tarmac - this tbh might be one of the main issues as a factory driver these days can't imo afford to be very weak on tarmac. He should really focus on that, drive some other rallies/series/gokart w/e when possible.
    Argentina was a stupid small mistake, very similar to both off on Sardinia. Still struggling with the car even when it worked.
    Portugal good, again technical issues

    Yes altogether it doesn't look so bad. BUT when you compare it with last year vs Sordo and with the fact that Hyundai was most likely the best car most of this season it suddenly does not look that good.

    Also they do seem to have some serious issues between him and Neuville. I noticed something last year as well but it doesn't look like it got any better. Whatever the reason is, if Hyundai should pick one it will be Neuville the way it is now.
    Slightly worrying all of that. He did very well last year in Poland and will have good starting position so a podium should definitely be possible.
    Good summary. Personally I don't think he has anything to worry about with regards how his team think about him. His attitude is good and when the car is working he is fast, even more so now that they have changed the set-up to be more to his liking. How difficult this is to do and its effect was demonstrated through Mikklesens performance this weekend. He was slow, really slow with a set-up he wasn't familiar with.

    The Neuville thing was casued by Neuville's nose being pushed out of joint when Paddon started going as fast as him, then faster combined with a drop in Neuvilles performance.

    I think Neuville could pick a fight with anyone.

  14. Likes: Rallyper (13th June 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •