Page 40 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Mikkelsen is 10 years younger than Meeke.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    He's not exactly young, is he? This is his last big chance I think, and if he keeps flopping like he has been this season, I would be worried if he's still in the team next year, let alone 2019...
    A contract is a contract... we can see that with Lefebvre. Meeke had a spell of non-crashing, but if you look at the onboards he is having tiny moment and lucky escapes in almost every event (and many times more than once), even those he finish and win.

I had hopes for this season... now not so much. I am very impressed by Matton for keeping his calm in all of this. He has put a lot of faith in Meeke after all.

3. Likes: A FONDO (9th June 2017)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    I don't envy Matton now actually. He has got to be under a lot of pressure from above. The choice to hire Lefebvre and Meeke was his after all.

Liked 311 Times in 117 Posts
    Citroën Racing‏ @CitroenRacing

#WRC #RallyItalia
    We sadly have to confirm that @krismeeke and @paulnagle1 won't restart @Rally_d_Italia, as the roll cage is damaged...
    "C'est une triste chose de songer que la nature parle et que le genre humain n'écoute pas" (Victor Hugo)

6. Likes: A FONDO (9th June 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Mikkelsen is 10 years younger than Meeke.
    Yeh, he's almost 38. Solberg and Loeb retired at that age, Grönholm and Mäkinen at 39. The youngest big names to retire were Biasion and McRae at 36 and Hirvonen at 34.

EDIT: for comparison, Latvala is now 32 and Ogier will be 34 this year.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 9th June 2017 at 12:09.

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (9th June 2017)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I had hopes for this season... now not so much. I am very impressed by Matton for keeping his calm in all of this. He has put a lot of faith in Meeke after all.
    Matton should be more worried about his own seat.

I will again repeat the comments when 3 VW drivers became available:

"I have not spoken with Sebastien. It's for him to decide what he wants to do.

"It's his decision to take about the future, but I want to make clear that there is no idea in this team to change the driver line-up we have made."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126956

Asked if he would take a call from Ogier's team-mates, Matton added: "I would not say I would not take the call from Jari-Matti Latvala or Andreas Mikkelsen, of course I will - I am a polite guy!

"But the story is different for them: they are not French and they don't have the world title."

10. Likes: EstWRC (9th June 2017),GF (9th June 2017),steve.mandzij (9th June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-FIN View Post
    Funny to see how such a bad village team as Toyota (Quote from mr N.O.T) is doing such a good job with only dogs driving their cars
    I don't want to be hating but if anything else than Hyundais and Fords end up on the podium on Sunday it would still be a big surprise for me.

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Come on, Meeke has been like this always. He had some shorter periods without crashes but otherwise a sort of overdriving has been typical for all his career. With the current situation with seemengly uncompetitive Citroën it brough back memories to his years in Peugeot in IRC. It was exactly the same. He was pushing and crashing and people kept saying it was because Peugeot was crap compared to Škoda. Not saying it wasn't but it feels like a real deja vu now.
    When I watch onboards from Meeke and follow Paul pacenotes - I always notice that callout distance so short, any slight delay and Meeke doesn't know where to drive. And I suppose that 50% of crashes - because of it.

Liked 335 Times in 176 Posts
    Not surprised about speed of Mikkelsen. Not his favorite rally, completely new car for him, there is no way he could preform better than it is now. And he is last Citroen left...

Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    A contract is a contract... we can see that with Lefebvre. Meeke had a spell of non-crashing, but if you look at the onboards he is having tiny moment and lucky escapes in almost every event (and many times more than once), even those he finish and win.

We are not even through the first day, and he's already lost 2 of his 3 cars, his lead driver is in shambles, etc etc... I think Matton has a good poker face, but he must be feeling very hot under the collar.