Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinu13 View Post
    Thats a good question!
    The ADAC Rallye Deutschland site has really bad maps so I checked out http://www.saarbruecken.de/en/touris...n/getting_here which has a list of car parks and www.q-park.de/ (select Saarbrücken from the drop down and hit Suche) which shows about 10 on a map.
    Thanks. The q-park website is a good one. It looks like maneuvering on the north side of the Saar could be a mini-nightmare; lots of one-way streets with few going they way I want them to. I'll have to recce that as early as I can. Thanks again for the input.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Forumers going to Germany - have you got your stage itinerary in place yet?

I'm trying to work out whether to bother making the fairly hefty round trip down to the Friday super special between the morning and afternoon runs. I've looked at the onboards and I have to say it looks very uninspiring.

I've only ever done the Arena sections, but if anyone has any good experience/knowledge of accessing Panzerplatte away from the crowds maybe we can chat in DMs...?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    Bit of a compromise as I can only take 2 days off work and not all my group are as enthusiastic about the rallying as I am! Not flying out til Thursday AM so will miss Shakedown. Will pop down to the Service park and possibly Saarbrucken in the evening.

Friday, probably two runs at the super special and back to Grafschaft for the second run through there.

Saturday, thinking Panzerplatte away from the arena, possibly Maiwald - might end up staying there til the second run, might go exploring for a backroad in, or might go down to service between runs. If it's not raining I will hopefully persuade the others to do Freisen or Romerstrasse on the way back to the pub...

Won't be doing anything Sunday as we're flying home in the afternoon and the other lads fancy a few hours sightseeing/drinking in Dusseldorf before we go to the airport.

Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    I think we will do:

Shakedown. SS1
    SS2 / 4 / 6 / 8
    SS 10, than 11 or 12 , 15 and again 16 or 17.

Going home saturdaynight.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinlatter View Post
    Won't be doing anything Sunday as we're flying home in the afternoon and the other lads fancy a few hours sightseeing/drinking in Dusseldorf before we go to the airport.
    I would suggest you stop at Köln for sightseeing and drinks and then move to Düsseldorf airport. They just next to each other and Köln is far more interesting with the cathedral and all.

We will fly in to Frankfurt on Tuesday morning. We will have time to recce the stages for two days, and also catch up with drivers while they recce. As for the event, shakedown and service park on Thursday naturally and the evening in Saarbrücken. Friday, two times either Mittelmosel and Graftschaft and if timing allows, third run of the arena stage on the way back. Saturday would allow four stages if keeping it busy, but depending on what we find in our recce, we might settle for 2 or 3 stages. Sunday, well two stages at least, but three is possible. Then soon after power stage we head back to airport. Sixth consecutive time on the event. Perfect medicine for post-Rally Finland hangover.
    Last edited by Hartusvuori; 10th August 2017 at 09:00.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

6. Likes: Luijbregts (10th August 2017),pantealex (10th August 2017),satukata (15th August 2017),Simmi (10th August 2017),tommeke_B (10th August 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    with google translate from rallye magazine.de

At the thought of the departure on the fourth Finland test, Julien Ingrassia still runs her back coldly. "This accident is among the three most violent accidents in our rally carriages with the departures at the 'Monte' 2012 and the Rallye Deutschland 2014," describes the co-driver of Sebastien Ogier.
    The world champion had previously injured the shock absorber in the rear right in a huge leap and was, according to his own statement, thinking about this problem as he drove the medium-fast link curve a bit too fast. Ingrassia immediately realized that it was going to be tricky: "I knew we would get a hard hit and was very worried that we could catch the tree at the height of my passenger side. Fortunately, we struck a little further back. "

Ingrassia continued: "We were not so fast, maybe 70 km / h, but the energy that was affecting us was huge. Neither the tree nor the car have absorbed any forces, so it has gotten my body. For a few seconds I was knocked out. "
    At first there was the slight hope that Ogier could start again on Sunday to get valuable World Cup points on the final power stage. But after the doctors at Ingrassia diagnosed a brain crash and recommended a competition break of 15 days, the matter had gone. At home arrived the 37-year-old knitted rest. "No television, hardly mails, or telephone," says Ingrassia, who feels better now.
    Restricted preparation
    Before the rally Germany is in its hot phase and on Tuesday with the road inspection (Recce) is begun, Ingrassia wants to be medically re-examined. Also a few kilometers next to Ogier during the last preparatory tests are planned, the whole Pensum will not however unwind.
    He has no fear or concern when he goes back to the Fiesta WRC. "I know the risks and dangers in this sport. If something goes wrong, it hurts. Pain, stress, anxiety, these feelings are normal after an accident and I have decided to accept them and not to hide them. That's why I'm ready to fight with Seb and win the world title. "

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Gotta love those automated German translations.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Really hope Ingrassia is well enough to be on the start in Germany. There's another world title up for grabs for him too.

Would it be 1993 the last time a different driver/co-driver combination won the title?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-new...ye-deutschland

Pre-event press release from M-Sport. Deutchland is the only rally they have yet to win

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    No speculations yet...Of course the trio of Neuville, Ogier and Sordo are the favourites, but I'm expecting Latvala to be fast as well, with his good record of tarmac results in the recent years and TDC Power Stage win. Meeke was fast in TDC, Breen is good on tarmac and Mikkelsen has been fast in Deutchland, but as a car Citroen is a question mark. Lappi won WRC2 last year but then again doesn't have tarmac experience with a WRC car yet. Hänninen could surprise but there's lots of road side obstacles to hit. Evans can have pace if the tyres work. Tänak and Paddon probably a bit off the pace. Not expecting Kremer to make stage times faster than the factory drivers.

In WRC2, of course holding thumbs up for Suninen, but it will be a tight battle between him, Østberg, Camilli, Tidemand and Kopecky.