To answer myself from the morning:

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
Things to watch today:

- Tanak on dry tarmac, in Corsica he was a bit behind the top 3 in speed, how about here.
- C3 on dry tarmac
- Ogier usually is very good on Panzerplatte, how about Neuville this year (related: tirewear on I20?)
- Breen vs Hanninen
- Tanak was surprisingly good on dry tarmac. Compared with most others he gained due to tires in the morning, but Ogier had same tires and still Tanak was at least as fast if not faster.
- C3 on dry tarmac (vs cars with same tires) was good/very good but after some of the hype (originating mostly from Citroen) it clearly wasn't much faster than the other cars in the hands of any of the 3 drivers.
- we didn't get to see Neuville there
- Hanninen again surprisingly good (even though he gained a lot as the only guy with hard tires in the morning) and Breen not as fast as expected (see C3 comment), but Breen also has minimal experience in Germany (only two times and never in WRC)

Additional observations:
- really hard to tell how much Ogier was pushing and how much he was playing it safe
- Lappi got some hard feedback about tarmac speed, not unexpectedly
- Sordo won 3 stages, but still overall for the day still not very fast even compared with cars on same tires, based on that I doubt he could have charged for win