Page 122 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1287
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Great rally by Tanak, impressive! Also really nice to see Mikkelsen on the podium again, good to keep him in the picture for the teams.
    A shame Neuville didnt perform as i was expecting him to do. Hope he can bounce back, whit the pace he showed on the first rally's of the season the championchip isn't over yet i think.

Cammili winning is also great, we where at the morning service on Friday watching the mecanics go ful gass on the right rear suspension, pressure was on whit Malcom whatching and coaching. The reward for the team is great than.

Hutinnen in the Opel is a class appart to the other Opel drivers. Dont know whats in the finnisch guys food or something but they have got so much talents, ther futere seems sure.

2. Likes: Rally Power (20th August 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Doesn't look like that.

That said in Poland Toyotas did this nose-high landing a lot as well (especially Hanninen), then there were the test vids for Finland where one day all Toyotas were nose-high and then second day all were level. Similar for Citroen. So I guess it depends a lot on settings and also on what you do right before going up in the air.
    I sometimes have wondered why all other teams are going with edged wheel arches, but C3 engineers came with this round design, doesn't seem very aerodynamic, isn't? May be they just compensate the ugly front aero design with less downforce at the rear of the car. But I'm not aero expert, just guessing.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I sometimes have wondered why all other teams are going with edged wheel arches, but C3 engineers came with this round design, doesn't seem very aerodynamic, isn't? May be they just compensate the ugly front aero design with less downforce at the rear of the car. But I'm not aero expert, just guessing.
    They had same wheelarches as all others in all test vids until the official launch.

Some speculation why they changed:
    - the new design is better and they wanted to keep it secret or it wasn't ready due to some vind tunel testing/simulation (the opening upwards can help creating downforce due to the airstream from tires maybe?)
    - the "traditional" ones were causing too much drag (but they should have seen that long before no?)
    Last edited by mknight; 20th August 2017 at 19:23.

Liked 1,045 Times in 303 Posts
    Some images: http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_best...land_2017.html
    Great ADAC Rallye Deutschland again.

6. Likes: KKS (20th August 2017),Rally Power (20th August 2017),steve.mandzij (20th August 2017),tc10a (20th August 2017),Whinlatter (21st August 2017)
    They had same wheelarches as all others in all test vids until the official launch.

Some speculation why they changed:
    - the new design is better and they wanted to keep it secret or it wasn't ready due to some vind tunel testing/simulation (the opening upwards can help creating downforce due to the airstream from tires maybe?)
    - the "traditional" ones were causing too much drag (but they should have seen that long before no?)
    I don't mind to continue this nice discussion, but I'm not sure how competent we are, moreover it's not the right thread for it. However just a final thought - if Citroen were hiding their final design to fool the competition, why the drivers were happy with the car performance so far?!? Is it just because there was no real comparison they could make? May be, may be, but anyway suddenly this year the car is undriveable on most of the rallies. They have to push too much all of a sudden?!?

9. Likes: dimviii (20th August 2017),EstWRC (20th August 2017),KKS (21st August 2017),steve.mandzij (20th August 2017),Whinlatter (21st August 2017)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I don't mind to continue this nice discussion, but I'm not sure how competent we are, moreover it's not the right thread for it. However just a final thought - if Citroen were hiding their final design to fool the competition, why the drivers were happy with the car performance so far?!? Is it just because there was no real comparison they could make? May be, may be, but anyway suddenly this year the car is undriveable on most of the rallies. They have to push too much all of a sudden?!?
    I have no idea what the reason was, but it's a fact they changed it.
    Example picture of the design on all public pictures from tarmac tests before: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HbRO1zOjT...-asphalt-5.jpg

Matton said the drivers were happy after all tests. So might be more about the difficulty of driving when the setup is not spot on.

But yeah, going off topic. My last thought is that I just Breen jump that jump in first run of the PowerStage completely level, unlikely they changed the setup so maybe he just lifted on first pass.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: b3637853 (21st August 2017),bf1_IRL (21st August 2017),KKS (21st August 2017)
    Liked 38 Times in 17 Posts
    video highlights adac rally Deutschland 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZENXIJ2ELM8
    Schermopname (89).jpg

14. Likes: dimviii (20th August 2017),EstWRC (20th August 2017),N.O.T (20th August 2017),Rally Power (20th August 2017),Whinlatter (21st August 2017)
    My last thought is that I just Breen jump that jump in first run of the PowerStage completely level, unlikely they changed the setup so maybe he just lifted on first pass.
    From the pictures in question of him & Latvala the center of the car seems at nearly the same level at nearly the same place. So perhaps he just had braked more on the PS?!?