Page 118 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1287
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Annoying that Ford is getting the recognition without them actually being there, I mean I know it's a Ford Fiesta but Malcolm more than deserves Full Factory Status next year.
    Truth has been spoken. It is pathetic that Ford still has not given them a phone call and a contract. They have the chance to replicate VW with a strong package and a world champion driver...

Have they? No. The marketing department or possibly the entire management of Ford should be sacked. They just released the very successful Focus RS too (where RS stands for rally sport).

Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    As much as I would criticize the organization of the rally, I have to say they did a lot of cool and interesting stuff after the powerstage. That soundbite from the Tanak's car to the "pit wall" at the end was very F1, they should do that more often. And going straight to the real podium after the powerstage and showing the whole podium celebration was great as well. They did that in Sweden as well and it was awesome. Very interesting result in terms of putting more intrigue into the driver market (Mikkelsen) the driver championship (Ogier) and interesting also that Tanak and Ogier are on the same number of wins! I suspected this was going to be a great year for the sport, and it has been just that. The only element missing would have been just a tiny bit more reliability from Jari-Matti's car and it would be a 3 or 4 way title fight going into the summer break. Great.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    This "junk" has now won the most events this season and is leading both drivers and manufactorer championships, just admit you`re wrong and move on, just as a lot of us myself included have had to do regarding Toyota
    People like him and not will never see the truth...

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Definitely possible. Only questionmark is Spain where he has been pretty average in the past, GB and Australia have been good hunting grounds for him.
    Well, this is enormous stress. He will not handle it.

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Truth has been spoken. It is pathetic that Ford still has not given them a phone call and a contract. They have the chance to replicate VW with a strong package and a world champion driver...

Have they? No. The marketing department or possibly the entire management of Ford should be sacked. They just released the very successful Focus RS too (where RS stands for rally sport).
    If Ford does not wake up to the situation fast and give M-sport full factory support for next season and get to keep both Tänak and Ogier than at least the idiot of the year award is a no brainer..

6. Likes: itix (20th August 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Well, this is enormous stress. He will not handle it.
    As I said, massive test for his mentality if he's up for it.

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    The DMacks can't compete with the Michelins on tarmac. Shame for Elfyn really.
    Yeah... when you compete with Soft DMacks over Hard Michelins.... it's a mistake to put soft here

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    In a funny way if Neuville can keep his head it might work in his favour... If he can chip away over the next two events he could head in Australia a few points behind but, starting behind Seb on day 1 which will be an advantage....
    Lots to happen before that tho...

10. Likes: dimviii (20th August 2017)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    YEEEEEEHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, WUHUUUUUUUUUUUU TARMAC TÄNAK

i held my horses before the rally, i remember when some members here made predictions how fast some drivers will be then i really wanted to write Tänak is gonna surprise you all. (remember how i wrote there will be surprises )

But to be honest even i didnt predict such a performance. i thought he will mix with TOP3 definitely and 3rd was also my prediction.. He drove very maturely, got the lead on friday and held it perfectly. Okay we must admit he was very lucky also getting out of the vineyards on friday but that was the only mistake he made the whole weekend.

Amazing weekend and today is Estonias Re-Independence day so all in all everything is very good and perfect.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: abxyz (20th August 2017),AnttiL (20th August 2017),aykutbilir (20th August 2017),bf1_IRL (20th August 2017),bluuford (20th August 2017),dimviii (20th August 2017),electroliquid (20th August 2017),itix (20th August 2017),KKS (20th August 2017),macebig (20th August 2017),Rally Power (20th August 2017),rallye-vid (20th August 2017),steve.mandzij (20th August 2017),Thousandlakes (20th August 2017)
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Supreme work by Tanak and also Ogier, here you see why he is champion.

I am not necessarily sure the championship is over, Ogier is not so strong on GB. Let's wait and see, I would be extremely happy to see M-Sport and Ogier champions.