Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shag1636 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to locate the stage roads now based on ADAC's day maps; kind of tricky figuring out the paths they will be taking thru the vineyards. Will there be single-stage maps eventually? Starting to get excited about this!
    You can get a closer look from this unofficial site: https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Deutschland-2017
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

2. Likes: Fly (17th June 2017),Jinu13 (14th June 2017)
    Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shag1636 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to locate the stage roads now based on ADAC's day maps; kind of tricky figuring out the paths they will be taking thru the vineyards. Will there be single-stage maps eventually? Starting to get excited about this!
    It might help you (zoom in) - https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Deutschland-2017

Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    There's no choice - vineyards and once the schedule is out, you'll know could you see the 3rd pass on the "rundkurs".
    Sounds like a plan to me!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    You can get a closer look from this unofficial site: https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Deutschland-2017
    Thanks. Great resource!

6. Likes: Hartusvuori (19th June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...esta-wrc-2017/

German driver Armin Kremer (38) who has been working with Ford in the early noughties will start at the German WRC round in an M-Sport prepared '17 Fiesta WRC.

This is a little odd and therefore interesting. Wilson says it's great for the team to have Kremer's experience (he is a three times German champ). But I doubt that alone is the reason. It's probably mostly to showcase a German in a Ford in Germany.

Edit: Sorry guys I just noticed it's already in the News thread.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...esta-wrc-2017/

German driver Armin Kremer (38) who has been working with Ford in the early noughties will start at the German WRC round in an M-Sport prepared '17 Fiesta WRC.

This is a little odd and therefore interesting. Wilson says it's great for the team to have Kremer's experience (he is a three times German champ). But I doubt that alone is the reason. It's probably mostly to showcase a German in a Ford in Germany.
    Kremer is actually 48, born the same year as Marcus Grönholm. Kremer's best WRC result was 8th place in Monte Carlo 1998(!) and after that a couple of 10th places and some WRC2 podiums. I'm expecting him at best to match the times of the WRC Trophy guys. But of course Malcolm has to rent a car if someone offers money and of course it's an attraction to the German audience.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Can't think that Kremer would be that much of an attraction to a German audience, unlike the number of extra Belgians that would turn out to see Loix, say.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Can't think that Kremer would be that much of an attraction to a German audience, unlike the number of extra Belgians that would turn out to see Loix, say.
    Hard to say for me as a Finnish person because I'm used to seeing Finnish drivers on WRC cars all the time but when was the last time we saw a top level German driver? Has there been anyone after Schwarz?

Liked 63 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Hard to say for me as a Finnish person because I'm used to seeing Finnish drivers on WRC cars all the time but when was the last time we saw a top level German driver? Has there been anyone after Schwarz?
    The last time a German had a start in WRC car was Aaron Burkart in a one off for M-Sport in Germany 2011...

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [WRCRR] View Post
    The last time a German had a start in WRC car was Aaron Burkart in a one off for M-Sport in Germany 2011...
    You may recall the Skoda development team where VW were trying to find a German to parachute into the A team - Sepp Wiegand got closest IIRC.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!