Page 6 of 129 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    He skipped Corsica because he could not get tarmac suspension nor test it in time. Also Prokop's mention of difficulties running the 2017 car come to mind...

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Would be cool to see Prokop get a crack in the '17 car I guess. Not sure whether it will happen though.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shag1636 View Post
    The ADAC really did a nice job on the spectator viewing points map (https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland....170620_web.pdf). Does anybody know if the areas not designated as official spectator sites are off-limits? Most of the sites seem very good, but there are one or two where I'd like to do something different.
    I've only been once before, but from my limited experience it's definitely possible to find alternative access routes or move out of the official spectator areas in the vineyard stages - but not possible in the Panzerplatte I don't think, because it is military land (although I'd be interested in hearing otherwise!).

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Moving out of the spectator zones might be difficult on Panzerplatte. My experiences are quite outdated by now. Think the most I've been at the non-official spectating area there was in 2008, when I moved inwards from the stage start.

Also in 2010 or 2012 went to a non-listed area. Wanted to be near the start but the big paper map started about mid-stage for some reason. The walk to the stage was quite a long one.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    I struggled with the google translate and my high school German isn't upto the job. What was his justification for doing a surface that he is somewhat average on, at a round that is compulsory for WRC2 competitors, so he will be up against the fastest WRC2 drivers of the year...? I feel this might be an opportunity to get beaten badly by some Skoda drivers and I can't see how he can gain from that? Especially if he gets beaten by Camilli too?

Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    More than enough possibilities to go to non-official spots at the Panzerplatte. If you look at the stage around the area of Idar-Oberstein on Google Maps you'll find the roads easily.

7. Likes: Hartusvuori (13th July 2017),sindroms (12th July 2017)
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    If Østberg wants prepare 2018 for real, he needs tarmac competition. Hope he start with the beast.

9. Likes: AnttiL (12th July 2017),pantealex (12th July 2017)
    Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    in english about Mads, it isnt 100% sure yet http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...ye-deutschland
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: AnttiL (12th July 2017)
    Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartijnS View Post
    More than enough possibilities to go to non-official spots at the Panzerplatte. If you look at the stage around the area of Idar-Oberstein on Google Maps you'll find the roads easily.
    Thanks Martijn - had spotted several promising looking access points but with it being military land I expected these would be blocked by locked gates or soldiers. I might make some more explorations!

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinlatter View Post
    Thanks Martijn - had spotted several promising looking access points but with it being military land I expected these would be blocked by locked gates or soldiers. I might make some more explorations!
    Are they blocked or not is down to luck. Last year we had to walk 45 minutes to stages as it was blocked with military people guarding the gate. When we returned in the afternoon, gate was open, no one was there and we drove up all the way to the stage side. We approached from Idar-Oberstein.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

14. Likes: Simmi (13th July 2017)